Thursday, February 5, 2009

Still slacking off

I truly have GREAT intentions to post awesome things on this blog of mine. Unfortunately, anytime I think about posting something awesome, I realize, this is going to take me a lot of time, and if I'm going to watch my favorite show of the evening before going to bed tonight, I'd better wait until later.

So, I'll just tell you some of the topics of some of these awesome blog posts that haven't been (and may not be) written yet.

One is the family temple session we had with Paul's family last weekend on Saturday. Our little twin brothers received their endowment and EVERYONE was able to be there. Those with a most intimate knowledge of the family understand the significance of this. It was a beautiful and wonderful blessing to be there together.

Another is about some thoughts I've had about the Church and how for a little while, I was trying to understand if some things I've always considered black and white, may indeed have some shades of gray. But then was reminded that at least for me, most things are still pretty black and white. This one would take a LOT of work, so it may never happen. Sorry Sanford... it's just easier to post about how my toddler got sick this week and was up almost all night last night!

Next is the story of how my little family came to be. On her blog, a friend from college is walking us through her story of meeting to marrying her husband, and it's very charming. But then I'm also thinking, does Paul really want me to share my version of this story with the blogosphere, and would the majority of the blogosphere that finds its way to my blog even remotely care? I'm tempted to do it anyway because the 10 year anniversary of my sweetie proposing to me is coming up next Thursday. I think it's an interesting story with some unexpected twists and turns, but others may see it differently.

Another is about how Paul and I have been talking and learning more about the economy, future/emergency preparedness, food storage, and emergency funds recently. This post will allude to us being in the market for a gun, canned vegetables, and silver.

Lastly, I'm planning on posting about how we're at the threshold of some pretty significant changes to the structure of our lives right now. To give you a sneak peek, Paul put in his 2-weeks notice to the state today. Ahhhh! Needless to say, I rescheduled next month's dentist appointments for the kids to this next Monday.

So, yes, there hasn't been much happening over here lately, and it's because I've been doing maintenence on my well-paved road to hell. Any thoughts? Any recommendations or preferences for which ones to tackle first!?! I'm dying for some comments... I just haven't been feeling the bloggity love lately!

5 comments:

Mandy said...

Thanks for posting. I love reading your stuff. I think it is truly amazing that an entire family of that size can all be at the temple at the same time. Really it is something to be very proud of because life generally does not work that way. So I vote you write about that and then of course I want to hear all about 10 years ago. Time really does fly. It would be good to get the whole story...I just remember him talking about "Di" and getting this star gazed stare....lol....seems like forever ago...hahaha! Don't give up on us loyal subscribers-keep posting :)

Miss Kendra said...

I want everything. Toddler puking, how you met your hubby, "shades of grey, or was it gray", gun shopping, silver mining, job changes, weight loss, swimming, EVERYTHING!! I love reading your blog.

foodstr2 said...

My vote is for the "gun, vegetables and silver" (though, I think, food storage will be more valuable than metals).

I believe there will be a huge terrorist strike this year, as Biden predicted last year during the elections. It's PAST time to get prepared.

Bruce
http://www.internet-grocer.net

Megan said...

D, don't worry about not having any blog love...you have real life love and that's more important.

I'll read anything you want to post, so just do the easiest one first so you can watch the Bachelor on Monday!

XOXO

Rachel said...

I want to hear about it all but I'm currently most intrigued by Paul's 2 week notice situation. WOW. Oh, and as for the ear.... I'm partially deaf for over a week now. It blows.