Thursday, February 26, 2009

Another plateau? We'll have to see.

I'm starting to see a pattern here. Six weeks ago, I weighed-in at Weight Watchers at 157ish. For two weeks, I didn't gain or lose anything, and then all of a sudden, I lost 3.4 pounds and weighed-in at 154.4 pounds. Last week I'd only lost .2 lbs and this week, I gained that .2 back.

Weight loss has been such an interesting journey for me. I am working out like crazy right now and feeling great about my progress. I'm amazed every time I go running how much easier it is to run without that extra 32 pounds distributed around my body. Yesterday, I even did my first "brick," which is a multisport term for layering 2 workouts on top of each other. I rode my bike about 8 miles and then jumped off and ended up running about 2.5 miles that I was able to do at a 10 minute per mile pace (I was going to only do 1 mile, but was feeling pretty good and kept going). I did actually walk in between the miles during the run and then completely collapsed on the grass when I got back home, so don't be too impressed. It was an amazing feeling of accomplishment though! But I'm finding that with little successes here and there, I'm also starting to slack on keeping close track of my points and making the best food choices. Thankfully, through this process, I haven't been gaining weight, but I get annoyed with myself that my results could be even better if I'd just be consistent with the diet.

So, this week, I'm going to keep very close track of what I'm eating. Hopefully next week, if I'm a good girl, I'll have a good weight loss. Which means that I need to go upstairs and write down that I just ate 3 points worth of Fro-Yo while typing this! I sent Paul to Wal-mart to get me some Diet Pepsi with Lime (he was heading there anyway), and he comes home bearing Ben & Jerry's! "What have you done?" I asked! You wonder why I falter sometimes! Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Brett and Tiffany said...

Good for you, girl! Keep up the great work! Weight loss is a hard road but can be done!

Emily said...

Keep it up it. I am sure that if you keep track of your food really well for a few weeks then your weight loss will continue again.

Way to go with the major work-out...I am seriously impressed.

BTW: Nate said that you are looking even skinner...he was really impressed with how you looked when you were over here the other night. WOOT WOOT. If another hubby notices...then it must be a big change.

You look awesome!

Rachel said...

Ryan does the SAME THING to me. I send him to the store for 1 or 2 things, usually milk and/or diapers, and he comes home with freakin' ice cream. And I have NO will power. Men.