Saturday, February 21, 2009

The cards we made

Today was jam packed with the bike ride this morning, stamp club this afternoon, and then a night full of babysitting and cleaning the house. I already documented the bike ride, and there's no reason to go into detail about how many video games the kids played while their friends spent the evening here, but I would like to post the cards we made, since it's been so long since I've done that.
The first card we did was very simple! I completely copied this card by Stephanie Severin but used different swirly stamps and a different flower accent. I like hers better, but this one ended up looking okay! Stamps include cute & curly, and priceless. Punches include the curly label punch, 5-petal flower, and spring bouquet with a gold brad holding it together. Cardstock colors include Basic Black, Old Olive, Tangerine Tango, and Whisper White with the same ink colors used. Lemon squeezy!
This next card took a few more supplies, but this one is also deceptively simple. I cut out some glossy white paper with my Big Shot Top Notes Die and then stamped the grass from Inspired by Nature in StazOn black. I then stamped an old retired circle from Little Shapes in versamark for the sun. Next, I took my handy dandy brayer and rolled some So Saffron ink all over the paper which made the sun show up through a technique called versamark resist. Then using stampin sponges, I sponged some Groovy Guava and Tangerine Tango on the top, and Kiwi Kiss and Old Olive on the bottom, blending it all together to make this nice spectrum. Next I glued black little horizontal slot ovals onto the grass to create cattails. Lastly, I tied some Kiwi Kiss striped grosgrain ribbon around it and glued it on a black background and a Kiwi Kiss card base. This card was inspired by this card by "stegsinfo", but I changed the colors and instead of the bird turned the grass into cattails. I LOVE this card!
The last card we did was another REALLY simple one. It's a simplified version of this card by Ashley Newell. Hers was much more fancy, but I'm kinda cheap when it comes to mass producing cards! This card used the bird from Always and the thanks from Pocket Silhouettes. I cut out the red circle and brown scallop circle beforehand with my nestabilities dies. I stamped the bird in chocolate chip ink on whisper white cardstock and cut her out. Tied the red grosgrain ribbon on the 4x4" square of baja breeze textured cardstock, stamped the "thanks" in choc chip on the white strip, and glued it all together on a chocolate chip 4.25x8.5" card base.

6 comments:

SmilynStef said...

Love them all ... glad I could inspire you ... the brayered card is amazing.

Emily said...

Thanks making mine for me and bringing them by. I would have been really sad to miss out on these little treasures. they are all so darling...I love them! Great job.

Molly said...

The birdie one is my fav. I am into birdie's lately. Ready for spring I guess.

Heidi Buchi said...

I love your cards! Those are awesome. We do a womens daybreak in my ward once a month and I might have to have you teach me some of your tricks of the trade so we can do cards for one of our activities! You are so talented with things like this. Heidi

CP-HENRIE said...

looks like fun

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

Oh, I just love them all, especially the cattail one! Nice, nice job, my friend. I just maigh have to CASE the all! Good thing I have those sets.