Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A progress update

It's been a while since I've posted some of my progress in the weight loss and triathlon training arena. As of last Thursday, I have now lost 32.2 pounds. I now have less than 10 to go to reach my weight watchers goal! Seeing that end goal get nearer, you'd think that I would have shown some restraint this weekend and not completely fallen off the wagon, but alas... I ate too much yummy food. I've come to realize that this proverbial wagon ride is a bumpy one. Let's hope the scale this week isn't too cruel.

I've kicked up my training a notch. My star-triathlete brother-in-law, Luke, lent me a training book that lines up an 11 week "zero to hero" schedule. Since I'm not starting out at zero, I've decided to follow the schedule and try to do these smaller steps at a faster time. Last week, it was actually clear enough to run outside, so I went on a 4 mile run. While this is further than I have been able to go in the past, I didn't run it much faster. So when the schedule said I should run 2.5 miles on Saturday, I decided to make sure I ran it at a 10 minute mile pace. I seriously almost threw up! It was close! So, even though I'm feeling confident about my ability to actually finish the race, I'm hoping I can stay focused on the next 8.5 weeks of training to have a respectable time! I can't believe how fast time is flying. This race is inching closer and closer!

I also have a really annoying complaint... one that I give you permission to say in your poutiest voice, "oh, poor Diana! I feel so bad for you." At Christmas/birthday time, I finally gave myself permission to go buy some smaller clothes, which was triumphant for me! So, I've had these clothes for only about 5-6 weeks now, and I can already shimmy out of ALL of my new pants without unbuttoning them. In a way, I'm thinking, "Yea! I'm officially a size 10!" (something I've been shooting for since my single college days) and I'm also thinking, "Ugh! I just bought these clothes and I'm already feeling frumpy in them!" I know, I KNOW, poor baby! I just wish I wouldn't have bought so many new pants. Had I known, I would have limited it to 3. And since I'm not sure how much more weight I will lose between now and the race, I've convinced myself that I don't need to go buy anything for now since the others will make due until then. I'm wondering if my body will skip size 10 the way it did size 14. The day I squeeze my butt into a size 8, you'll probably all hear the squeal!

Anyway... that's my update!

4 comments:

Molly said...

Yipee for you! I hate it when clothes don't fit right. Mine are usually too long.

Emily said...

I am so proud and very jealous of you. I can't wait to say that I have lost 60 pounds and back into a size six...it will be a great day.

I totally feel you on the new clothes thing...I have lost weight over and over and done the exact same thing you did (I never learn). You had to buy those clothes though...even if they didn't last you long...they helped you to feel the change and to feel great...they served their purpose...you look awesome!

Merinda Reeder said...

I remember the chant when we'd wake up to do step aerobics... "size 10-size 10-size 10"
And I knew completely that I'd never be a size 10; but a 12 would be really great.
I did reach 10 post-mission. I have a great 10-tall wardrobe that Alisha helped me start. She has great fashion sense, your little sis.
Will I ever get back into it? You inspire me. My favorite pants ever are 10... longingly I wish.

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

That is so AWSOME! Keep it up!

You are really inspiring me. I am starting to have to squeeze into my size tens. I better get busy. But size 8? - it will never happen for me, not in this lifetime anyway.