Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Following through with a tag.

About 10 people have tagged me on Facebook to post 25 random things about me. 25 is a lot of things to say about yourself... not that I typically have a hard time talking about myself! But anyway, here's what I posted on Facebook.

1. I hate cleaning. This is why I don’t like to host parties at my house.
2. Another reason why I don’t like to host parties is because I am notorious for picking very inconvenient times for parties (at least, that is what I tell myself when only 2 people show up for my parties).
3. I never met a craft I didn’t like. Though I don’t do them all or collect them all, I like ‘em all!
4. I not so secretly believe that the reason why I only have sons is because no daughter would want to compete with the drama queen in me. This drama queen has been tamed a bit over time, but she makes a grand appearance every now and then.
5. I like working out more than I ever thought I would. I’m actually REALLY excited about my first triathlon in April, even though it’s really going to hurt!
6. My main goal for this triathlon is to beat my sister-in-law’s VERY respectable time from when she ran the race 2 years ago. It is ON, Amy!
7. I’ve recently lost about 30 pounds and still have a good 10+ to go to reach my goal.
8. I’ve basically cut a lot of delicious things out of my diet. I don’t miss cheese very much, but I REALLY miss peanut butter.
9. DVR has saved my marriage. My husband watches a LOT of sports. I will never not have one again.
10. Speaking of marriage, I think marriage is easier than motherhood. Probably because I picked a really good guy, who must be pretty easy to please! I’m actually very blessed in both departments! I adore my 3 little boys.
11. In my opinion, the transition from 2 to 3 kids is WAY harder than the transition from 1 to 2.
12. My husband and I kissed before our first date. We became “true aggies” together. I know, I’m a hussy.
13. I hate the “r” sound. It haunts me every Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. It’s very hard to teach to young children. Rrrrrrrrrrrrrreally harrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd
14. The magazines that come to my house say a lot about us. They include, The Ensign, Speech-Language Hearing Services in the Schools, Triathlete, Fusion (Glenn Beck), and Stampin’ Success. I admit I never read the speech ones.
15. I hated to read as a kid, but I love it now. There is so much out there that I want and need to read.
16. I’m one of those Mormons that drinks Diet Coke. If I can’t eat peanut butter anymore, you better believe I’m gonna have a Diet Coke when I want it. Many think this is a total hypocrisy, and I don’t care. The day they take my temple recommend away from me for drinking Coke, I’ll quit drinking it, but until then…
17. I am unable to have a normal conversation with children. I’m always analyzing their language or articulation skills… it’s a curse. I figure I’d tell you this just to make me seem intimidating when I’m near your kids!
18. I have NO patience in helping my son get faster at his math facts. I lose it in minutes. These are not good moments for me.
19. For as “smart” as I was in school, I’m extra dippy when it comes to many common sense things. Take for instance when I drove 20 minutes today to go swimming at the gym and totally forgot my swim bag. Grrrrr.
20. I lose my keys almost daily. (see #19)
21. I am a member of two large families that I am very proud of. I was born the fifth child of eight, and married the oldest of seven. So, I have 5 sisters, 2 brothers, 6 sisters-in-law, 10 brothers-in law, 11 nephews, and 12 nieces (with another on the way). Don’t even get me started on the cousins… it’s taken me 10 years to finally feel like I know everyone!
22. I’m a glass half-full kind of gal and don’t like worrying about things I can’t control… I guess except for the government. I’m really worried about that right now.
23. I love attending conferences and learning more about my interests. I also thoroughly loved being a student and still consider myself one. Last year, I attended conferences or conventions for all my major “things”; church, stamping, and speech therapy.
24. I’ve been a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator for almost 7 years. I keep telling myself that I’ll quit when it stops being fun… so far, that hasn’t happened yet.
25. I met my husband in the USU jazz choir. I love that I married a singer. I sing a lot, he sings a lot, we sing together a lot, and our children sing a LOT! Enough that we have a rule of "no singing at the table" in our house!

If you want to do this, go for it. If not, more power to ya!

2 comments:

Merinda Reeder said...

I went to speech in first grade. That's when I developed my first crush, which lasted until Jared Flint got married nearly 20 years later. I had trouble with 'S' and 'R'. Some people think a rooster says "cock-a-doodle-doo."
He doesn't say that.
He says "RR-r RR-r RRrrrr"
I bet you can't guess what a snake says...

jina carter said...

That was so much fun to read! I think I will post mine that I did on facebook on my blog page too. Mine is so not as funny as yours....I guess I am a hussy too cause I made Brett break up with his girlfriend. I was seeing him before he had broken that whole thing off. O-well! Good thing I was!