Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Because I feel like it. (edited to add picture)

Edited to add the picture (and some self-deprecating comments) I mentioned earlier.

I feel like blogging today, but I don't really have anything organized to talk about! So be prepared for some randomness!

I slept in today. I was supposed to go swim at the gym, but since I didn't already have an appointment for Charlie in the playroom, I just went back to bed after getting the boys off to school. Charlie was awake and watching 'Cars' in my room, and I just kept sleeping. Every once in a while, Charlie would crawl up on the bed to give me hugs and a kiss on the cheek. It was so cute. Finally, at about 10:00, Charlie kept saying 'breakfast' in his inarticulate way and holding out his arm saying, 'mon,' (come on). I felt like a TOTAL slacker, but I guess my body was just really tired. I don't normally actually fall back asleep when I jump back into bed, but I guess I have been working out more and I got to bed really late last night. I must admit, it was a great morning!

My bestest buddy friend, Emily, had her baby boy yesterday via c-section and I went to see her and baby Quinn this afternoon. What a CUTE baby... not alien looking or anything! I'm so glad he's finally here, even though Emily's wishes for a natural VBAC delivery didn't come to pass. I'm glad that even though I can't hold my new little nephew, at least I can hold Quinn for that occasional "baby fix." I'm also excited that Em and I will be able to workout together again soon, even though babies make workout schedules near impossible. Maybe on an occasional Saturday with our hubby's watching the kids we can sneak in a run or something.
(This picture makes me think... hmmm, need to figure out something to do with my hair! I have reached and passed the point of "growing-it-out pains" and need to do something about it, quick!)

I spent some time this weekend reading some blog posts about people's secrets. It was very interesting and disturbing at the same time. I'm not good with secrets, so don't tell me yours! I can't really keep my own! While reading all these anonymous secrets, I would think about what I would post, but I just felt no desire to participate. Some people posted some pretty serious secrets, and others would post things like, "I secretly think fat people are disgusting" or some other judgment/prejudice they hold. Of course I have inner thoughts and judgements that I wouldn't want to share with people (out of fear of being rude, ignorant & bigoted), but I don't consider those secrets... I guess I consider it immaturity and am grateful for internal filters that keep me from saying lots of things out loud.

I guess that's all I can think of for this blog post! Maybe next time I feel this way, I'll just do one of the tags I've seen others do and save you from the randomness that was today's offering!

P.S. my hands are SOOOOOOOOOOO cold!!! Do your hands get cold while on the computer? I need my brother to invent a handwarming mouse and keyboard for me!! Get on that, would ya, Spence? Any other suggestions?

4 comments:

Molly said...

My mouse hand gets especially cold. IT is good for torturing husbands.

Emily said...

I am glad that you think my baby is cute. I think he is pretty darn adorable...but I am his mommy. I send you the picture via email. Thanks again for visiting me...it made me feel really good. I love being your friend!

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

Hey, girl. You look great! Not having seen you since July, I must say you are doing a darn good job! Kudos, my friend.

Merinda Reeder said...

You are looking great! I haven't seen you in years - but what a flattering photo. And a cute baby.