Monday, January 5, 2009

My Birthday

My birthday was a week ago, but there's been a lot going on, so I've neglected blogging about it and many other things! I had a great birthday this year. We were here in Utah (half the time we're still over in Colorado on my birthday), and I found out a few weeks previous that my friend, Jen, and I share the same birthday! She was turning 30 and I turned 32. We have a group of girlfriends that like to go to lunch together on occasion, so we figured a dual birthday was a good excuse for a girls lunch out (a GLO, vs a GNO!). I played the birthday card on my sisters-in-law for some free babysitting (you can only play that card once a year... live it up!), so thankfully I didn't have to juggle any of my own children at the restaurant! Since we'd given such late notice, not everyone was able to make it, but those of us who could had a good time together. We went to Costa Vida, because I LOVE their sweet pork salad. I really could eat it everyday. Jen and I are both on Weight Watchers, so we shared one! We also had to eat it slowly due to holding babies and such, so we even both ended up full! It got a little noisy with 3 tired babies fussing a bit, but I cherish being able to spend time with my girlfriends. I love my friends in our ward! Thanks for a fun birthday lunch ladies!!!

I spent the afternoon doing laundry and folding clothes. I had to get things ready for our trip to Denver the next day. The boys just played around and helped clean up their rooms and the TV room so it wouldn't be a total disaster while we were gone. Paul's younger brother, Preston, gave us the gift of free babysitting for Christmas this year, so we cashed in that chip for our date that evening. I love free babysitting... Thanks Pres (and Amy and Megan and Mom for the afternoon)!

Paul took me to Tucano's for dinner. I love this place, but it's horrid while dieting. Each year, you get a free meal during your birthday month, so we eat there twice a year... in August and December. They bring around all this delicious meat and you can have as much as you want! I actually did pretty well, not gorging myself or anything, but I'm sure I went over my points for the day. After dinner, we drove down to the mall to see what movies were playing. We ended up seeing "Bedtime Stories" with Adam Sandler in it, because it was starting right away and we wouldn't have to wait. It was a great show, and clean to boot!

So, that was my birthday! It was a great year being 31, and I'm sure 32 won't be much different!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Happy b-day again. Lunch was so much fun...even with all the looks and the kids screaming. It was so funny. I love being your friend and hanging out...it is nice to have someone that I can count on and spend time with. I can't wait to have my baby and get back in shape...give me a few months and we can start training again.

Molly said...

Happy Birthday! We love Tucanos too, but last time we went there, the pineapple was terrible, and that was my main motivation for going. We will have to get on the Birthday thing though!

Diana said...

The pineapple at Tucanos is my favorite part of the WHOLE EXPERIENCE!!!! It is a big bummer when it doesn't taste right!

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

Happy Birthday Friend! Lunch our with girlfriends is simply the best. That's what I'd want to do on my birthday. It's fun when you can make it work.

I'm pretty sure points don't count on your birthday, by the way.