Monday, March 9, 2009

Weight Watchers update

I've been slacking on reporting my weight watchers progress for very good reason... I haven't been making progress! Last week, for the FOURTH week in a row, I weighed 154.(something). This week it was 154.8, meaning I'd gained another .4 lbs. I was pretty bugged at myself and a bit embarrassed that I didn't buckle down the previous week like I'd determined to do, but I'm happy to report that I've worked hard THIS week to get back to the basics of the plan. This is how good I've been.

I've actually followed the rule of "if you bite it, you write it", and it has kept me from grabbing extra food I didn't need to eat.

I've been focusing on checking off all my little boxes at the bottom of my tracker (or at least most of them... those dang oils!).

I've worked out each day ('cept Sunday). So far, 2 bike rides, 1 swim, and 1 run.

I made a goal last Thursday to not weigh myself at all this week. I admit to cheating on that one. This morning, the temptation got the better of me and I jumped on the scale before my shower. I was pleased with the result, but I can't think about it! I find that I slack off when I see good numbers on the scale and I want to see what can happen at this point in the game by sticking with the plan.

PLUS... I REALLY DON'T WANT TO WEIGH 154 THIS WEEK!

I'm itching to get to that 150 lb mark so I can officially not be considered "obese". It likely won't be this week, but hopefully soon!

5 comments:

tina said...

You are NOT obese! I can tell you've lost. You look great. Besides, you are working out. That's half the battle, seriously. All those that do the diets and/or pills but don't seem to realize the importance of exercise?! Come on! (Not that I'm a pro at exercising--always putting it off). But seriously, keep up the great work!

Jen said...

You crack me up! You have always been one of the most beautiful people I know. You are a good example for me. I need to start working out more. Good for you!

Brett and Tiffany said...

I am very impressed with the progress you have made. It is inspiring to read about someone who is trying to lose weight through good exercising. I have seen too many people doing the "diet" thing and then gain it all back later...so keep up the great work with exercising!

Jen said...

I didn't lose any weight this week either...let's blame it on the weather!! LOL No, I am really going to buckle down this week!! We can do it!!

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

Girl, you amaze me! That exercise schedule really puts me to shame. Of course, I am supposed to be swimming right now, and I'm reading blogs instead.

I would KILL to be 154! Just saying.

You inspire me. Starting today, "if I bite it, i write it."
And OK, I guess I'll go get my swimsuit on now too.