Friday, March 13, 2009

FINALLY!

I'm happy to report that after getting back to basics with the weight watchers plan and only missing one workout this week, I FINALLY pushed past my 3 week plateau yesterday. I lost 3.8 lbs this week, but when I talk about it to people, I'm rounding it up to 4! So that brings my total weight loss up to 35.6 lbs and I'm thrilled! I've set my weight watchers goal weight to 145, so weighing in at 151 yesterday means that I only have 6 more pounds to go. Once I get there and maintain that weight for 6 weeks, I'll become a lifetime member of weight watchers and hopefully never need to pay them for help again!

Lately, I've been a little worried about one day gaining it all back. I've been trying to view my lifestyle changes (healthier eating and frequent workouts) as a new way of life that I can stick with. I accompanied two friends to ColdStone last night so one of them could get her free birthday ice cream, and was really good and didn't get anything (it helped that I didn't have my wallet with me!). This didn't bother me at all, but last week at dinner with Paul at Red Robin, I was lamenting that I wasn't quite ready to accept the idea that I'll never really get to pig out on bottomless steak fries ever again if I expect to maintain my weight loss. I did have 2 fries, each bite dipped in the deliciousness of their fry sauce. This pacified me for the night, but my 4 pound loss this week made me feel even better about it! I'll just need to keep chanting to myself, "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!" Occasionally I forget this concept, so I guess I still have some maturing to do!

9 comments:

Mandy said...

Thank you! Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels....That should be someones slogan! Good Job Sista!

jina carter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jina carter said...

I re-read my comment to you and it did not make any sense! So let me start again! I am so proud of you! I often think that if Diana can do it, so can I! LOL. Sorry I had to leave early on Thurs. and that I couldn't jog with you but next time I totally will! Congrats on your new skinny self!

Heidi Buchi said...

Great work, that is something to be proud of! Sounds like you feel really good too and that is so important! Keep up the fabulous work! Heids

Jen said...

YAY Diana!! You are so good!! And freakin' SKINNY!!

Emily said...

I am seriously so proud of you. You look so great and lately you look like you have shrunk a little more each time I see you. I think you need a new picture for your blog...you don't look like that anymore...you are way more skinny.

I have always loved that saying too!

WYO Smith's said...

This is your long lost cousin CaraLynn. I just found your site and read this first blog and wanted to give you a big high five. That is amazing and such a tough thing to do. I am proud of you. It sounds like life is crazy. Are you doing triathlon this spring. and a vacation to boot. Happy day for you. It is fun to catch up on what is up. You need some photos of your family. Three boys yes? good to see you.

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

Awesome! It is so worth it, isn't it? Now i just have to remember that myself.
Can't wait to see pictures of the new you!

Rachel said...

As the birthday girl at ColdStone, I just have to say that it was utterly delectable and I enjoyed every single delicious, gooey, chocolatey bite. :) After a few days killing myself on the treadmill, I think now I've finally worked it off.