Friday, March 27, 2009

got my cards done!

Tonight we are taking out turn for the babysitting swap arrangement we have with the parents of our kid's friends. They've got 3 kids, we've got 3 kids, so it evens out (but note to selves... we definitely need to stay out later on our next date! It's 12:30 and they're not back yet & we're usually back by 10). ANYWAY, once we finally got the kids "in bed" (I'm using this term loosely), I was able to get my second set of 10 cards made for card exchange tomorrow.

Here's the first card:

This uses my new stamp set "Great Friend" with some contraband paper from Wal-Mart (Martha Stewart brand). I based it off of this card by Anna Black. My version also uses 2 retired cardstock colors, so it's a good thing this wasn't for my Stampin' Up! hostess club! I thought it turned out nice.

Here's the next card:

This is a very basic layout, and perhaps a little plain, but I was going for simple, but nice. I ended up using the layout from this card by Dawn McVey (her blog has AMAZING cards!) for inspiration, though much of it is different (I like to give credit where credit is due, you know!) Sometimes "get well" cards are really cutsie using phrases like "caught a bug?", but if someone's sick enough that I'm going to send them a get well card, they've likely caught more than a little bug. This just uses some retired River Rock pattern paper, some black grosgrain ribbon, and my scallop edge and my new scallop oval punches. It's not the best card I've ever made, but it will do, I guess!

3 comments:

jina carter said...

Both are so cute! I am amazed at all the things you fit into your busy little life. And I totally agree on the get well card...they have to be really sick to get one lol.

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

Great cards! I have to get that oval scallop punch. I love punches!

Anna said...

I love what you did with the butterfly! And what GREAT PAPER! IT's very similar to what I created with the stamp set! A very good "case" if i do say so myself

:)

-Anna