Saturday, March 7, 2009

Making Travel Plans!

I'M SO EXCITED!!!! We've been talking about going on a vacation for a VERY long time. We've literally not gone ANYWHERE for 10 years that wasn't family reunion related. Not that we don't love reunions, but driving your kids to Colorado, Montana or California for 4 days of visiting family does not quite equal the same thing as a real VACATION. For a while, we've had planned in the back of our heads that we would go on a cruise for our 10 year anniversary coming up this summer. Our last vacation was the cheap 4 day Baja cruise we went on for our honeymoon. Well, we actually BOOKED the cruise this week! The main part is paid for! We're going to be going on a 7 day Mexican Riviera cruise on May 2nd and I just CAN'T WAIT!


We're going to be sailing on the Sapphire Princess (pictured here), leaving from LA and cruising to Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, and Cabo San Lucas. Our friends from Burley, Shane and Heather Waters, and two of Shane's employees are going to be coming with us, so it will be fun to have some extra company when we want it. But it will also be nice to have a bunch of alone time with Paul when we don't want extra company ;) I'm looking forward to some excellent food, plenty of work-outs to accomodate that yummy food, and LOTS of relaxing.


I must admit, also, that I'm THRILLED that I won't be cruising in my previous Chubby McFat-Fat state! Not that I'll be sporting any "modest bikinis" (as TAMN would call them), but I'm glad I am now more comfortable in public wearing a swimsuit than I used to be. Since this cruise will be 2 weeks after the triathlon, I'm hoping to be at least another 5 lbs lighter and perhaps an official size smaller as well. If I'm wearing skinny clothes on the ship, hopefully it will keep me from TOTALLY pigging out!


Booking this cruise may be a blessing or a curse considering the trunkiness I've been feeling about finishing up this school year. I'm struggling nearly everyday to get my butt to work and to accomplish everything I need to do there. We only have one more term left, but March and April always seem to completely DRAG. I may also be struggling because Paul is home (even if he's working) and I guess I just want to be home too! Oh well, it's only for a few more months, and then we'll get to enjoy a totally new kind of summer break for our family. I can do it... I know I can! Another thing to look forward to!

3 comments:

tina said...

Oh, you will love it! I've been on two cruises and can't wait to go on another one. What a blast!

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

How fun! Isn't it great to have something to look forward to like that? It will really help you attitude about work I bet.

I think vacations are so valuable because they really last much longer than the actual week you are there. Before hand, you get so excited and the anticipation can get you through some long/bad days. Then after the trip, your wonderful memories can get you through even more days like that for years to come. Not to mention that the actual time off and change of scenery (like the scene of your hubby's face, and only HIS face) does wonders for your soul as well!

I am so excited for you!

Emily said...

So I am so jealous. have fun for all of us left here.