Friday, March 20, 2009

Stamp club cards

Last Saturday, we had stamp club again. I love stamp club, even if it drains my supplies somewhat! I love picking cards off the internet and putting my own twist on them. I love teaching my friends how to make these cards. I also love getting free stuff, and since this month was Sale-a-bration, I was able to get a bunch of new goodies! Here are 2 of the cards we did last week. I can't find the other one we did, but trust me, it was fun too!

This one is a bad photo of a cute and easy card. I had bulk ordered some neat paper titled "Walk in the Park" and cut out all the scallop envelopes using my Big Shot die cutter. The paper color matches the Baja Breeze cardstock. The rest of the card just took putting a scallop edge along the bottom, gluing a strip of white cardstock behind it, stretching some white grosgrain ribbon across the card and sticking a little bow on it. I used the new Sale-a-bration stamp set called "Congrats" for the congratulations in the corner and a sentiment on the inserted card (I haven't committed this card to a sentiment yet though... there are lots of choices in the stamp set!). I also used an upcoming stamp set called "Great Friend" for the butterfly inked in Baja Breeze. So simple and easy to mass produce!

This next card uses a silk flower from the pretties kit. I used a sponge dauber to put some Sage Shadow ink on the flower. For the white strip down the middle, I dry embossed a vintage-y pattern using my Texturz templates with the Big Shot (I LOVE this thing!). Layered it in Sage cardstock. The background cardstock is Chocolate Chip and the swirly frame stamp is from "Frames with a Flourish" stamped in Sage ink on Whisper White cardstock. Throw a little flower punch behind the half-pearl bead in the center of the flower, and VOILA!... a card! I've been completely hoarding the pretties flowers up to this point, and it was fun to put them to use!

This last card wasn't made for stamp club, since it doesn't use all Stampin' Up! product. My friend Pam needed some help designing some cards for a class she teaches at school, so I got to play with this cool package of paper and ribbon she had put together. I used the "Great Friend" set for this one because I thought the butterfly would look great with these flowers on the tree. I can't tell you what paper this is or anything, because I just don't know! But it turned out cute and it was SO fun to play with some different paper and my new stamp set! Hope you like the cards!

2 comments:

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

Great cards, lady! I too am a hoarder when it comes to my pretties kit. I just bulk bought mare silk flowers, rhinestone brads, etc, so now I feel a bit looser with my pretties. Thanks for sharing those fun cards. I will probably copy both of them for my upcoming club>

Anna said...

I love what you did with the "Frames..." set. I am always trying to figure out what to do with that set and I love how you used the big flower with it. I love your work!