Friday, March 20, 2009

Another update on how I'm killing myself over here!

This week has been INSANE in the workout department. I know I wouldn't be able to keep this up indefinitely, but I've only got one month left before judgement day, so I kicked it into high gear doubling up on workouts most days! This morning (Friday), I put in my 8th workout in the last 5 days. Just in case you care (and I'm not expecting that you do!), here's the breakdown:

Monday: ran 2 miles at 6:30am with Melanie, swam at night 24 laps.
Tuesday: biked 50 min. while watching "Biggest loser"
Wednesday: ran again with Mel and Emily about 2.5 miles, swam a mile that morning
Thursday: biked 10.5 miles after work, then immediately ran a mile to my Weight Watchers weigh-in, and ran back. Phew! That was a tough one!
Friday: again ran 3 miles with Mel and Em at 6:30. I was so physically tuckered, this one STUNK!

So, yeah, no one can say I didn't do my part to train for this triathlon coming up in 4 weeks! I'm getting pretty antsy and really excited for it to just get here! In the meantime, however, I'm still concentrating on dropping a few more pounds. I gotta say, the butt-kicker workout I did right before my weigh-in this week was an effective means to push my number down a bit! I lost 1.2 lbs and actually broke 150 this week, weighing in at 149.8! 5 more pounds to go!

But that wasn't even the best part of this week. Tonight, we stopped by Kohls because I had an extra 15% off coupon and did you hear it?!?! Well, I didn't actually squeal OUT LOUD, but I was pretty stoked when I pulled a bunch of size 8 pants off the rack and actually fit into a bunch of them. Not ALL of them, but enough! I got a pair of size 10 capris (those size 8s were NOT gonna happen), a size 8 pair of jeans, and a little sweater to wear over a dress I bought at Christmas. I'm going to wait until we get closer to the cruise before I buy too many new pants again, just in case these next 4 weeks of overdoing it has a shrinking effect on my thighs! Here's hoping!

I appreciate all the support y'all have been giving me with my weight loss journey. I'm sorry if my talking and blogging about it is getting annoying... it's just become such a big part of my life the last 6 months. I've been having SO MUCH FUN with all of it, but I'm trying my best to keep a clear head about where I was, how I got there, and how I'm changing that. Again, thanks! Sometimes when I'm out there running (and I still can't say I enjoy running), I can hear my little cheering squad pushing me forward and maybe even a little faster. I love you all!

6 comments:

tina said...

Way to Go Diana! You inspire me--since I haven't run in a week-ugh! I guess I need to set up a cruise so I have something to work for. lol

Emily said...

I can't tell you enough how proud of you I am. Seriously! Thanks for being such a great friend and motivation. I really love that you are letting me run with you and Melanie...it is awesome and it helps me to get my cardio in for the week. I am only doing that 6 days a week, once a day at this point.

Anyway...keep up the great work. I am proud of you. Size 8!!!! Woot Woot.

jina carter said...

WOW! How awesome is that?! I absolutely LOVE it when you get into smaller sizes! But I have to say that I think your absolutely nuts working out that hard! I got physically pooped just reading what you've been up to!

Mandy said...

good job di! post some pics!

Jess said...

Diana,

It was fun running into you at Walmart. I'm amazed at all that you are doing right now. Congrats on the size 8 pants. That is awesome, I can't wait to hear how the triathlon goes. Good luck gearing up for it, your almost there!

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

Wow. I am tired just reading about your workouts! You are amazing. I CAN'T WAIT to see you at convention! Will I ever recognize you? Yes, I'll recognize that smile. Just know that you have a friend here in CA cheering you on. You go girl!

Please keep blogging about your progress. I find it absolutely inspiring, and I need all the inspiration I can get.