Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Oh dear, now I've done it!

I did it. First... the blog. Obviously, a few months ago, I started this blog. It has been an adventure and I've loved it.

The other day, I joined Facebook and WOWZERS!!! That place is CRAZY!!! I'm amazed at how much time I can just waste away over on that website! I mean, I really should be watching "biggest loser" on my DVR right now, but nope, I'm at my computer, finding more and more friends on Facebook. It truly is addicting though. In less than a week, I've touched base with a BUNCH of long lost friends that I haven't talked to in over a decade. Not that I haven't thought of them often (I'm an insanely sentimental person), but it's so easy to just lose people!

So, it feels like my world has been jumbled up a little. I know this sounds retarded, but I've been a lot more pensive this week about my life and where I am these days. When you've gone this long without communicating with people from your past, once that connection is made again, it almost throws you back there! I think of who I was back in high school and I laugh... and sigh... and even beat myself up a little. What a PAIN I used to be! Yuck! I'm so thankful I'm not in that place anymore. I'm so glad that we have the chance to evolve and mature. I'm also grateful to not be in a place where it matters if someone has something that you don't. I don't need to worry if this person has an important job or looks the same or better than they did in high school (but don't we all look better?!? Those mid-nineties hairstyles are something else!). I don't need to worry about the fact that 13 years later, I'm dealing with a weight battle brought about by having 3 kids and not working hard to keep myself fit. It's not like I ever "let myself go," but I wouldn't love heading to a reunion in my current state! But this is just where I am now... and it's great... because I won't necessarily be here tomorrow! But it's been really good, because I LOVE where I am in life right now. I love my family, my faith, my home, my job, and my friends. Maybe others wouldn't be as content as I am to be living this kind of life, but I am so grateful for my little world full of blessings. I would be happy to list them all, but I don't need to. I list them plenty in my prayers and that's good enough.

So, I don't know if my friends from Facebook will ever venture over to my blog or not... but if you are one of them and you do, I'd love for you to leave a comment to let me know that you came a saw a glimpse of who I am today. I have learned so much since then!

3 comments:

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

Oh my, Facebook sounds like an adventure ai don't have time for. I'd better stay away from that one.

I love your post. Sometimes I look back at the "good old days" and think that was nice but I really don't want to go back there. These are the good days, because these are the days we are in right now. These are the days we have a bit of control over. Lets enjoy them while we're here.

Merinda Reeder said...

I know what you mean. I didn't find you on facebook, but I've found a few others there. 10+ years. Wow. I prefer the blogs to facebook. Find on Facebook and blog afterwards. It's amazing to see how much people have changed - you, me, and all of us.

Emily said...

I love facebook too. It was actually after connecting with an old college friend...and her telling me that I HAD to blog that I started. It was been such a fun adventure. The fun thing is how well everyone is doing. It has been really fun to become friends with all my old "guy friends" wives too...they usually run the blogs.