Tuesday, October 7, 2008

getting a head start!

So, one of my favorite things to do during conference is to get started on my Christmas cards. I was able to get 30 cards made! I got a few stamp sets with Christmas themes last month, so I broke them in a bit. Here are some pics of the cards I made.


This is a "spinner" card. I used 4 different circle punches to make this baby... but it came together WAY easier than it looks! I love this little reindeer... he's just so cute! Here are the ingredients; stamps: Deer Friend, Best Yet (both hostess sets). paper: Very Vanilla, River Rock, Dashing Designer Series, Old Olive, Real Red. ink: Chocolate Chip. accessories: 1 3/4" circle, 1 3/8" circle, 1 1/4" circle, 1" circle punches, string, tape, sticky strip.









These two cards are basically identical, but with different colors. The colors don't look right at all in the pictures, but you get the idea. The stamp set is Punches Three; paper on the left is Kiwi Kiss, Chocolate Chip, Whisper white, Bella Rose DSP. Paper on the right is Ruby Red, Mellow Moss and Bella Rose DSP. Ink on each card matches the paper. Accessories include the 1 3/4" circle punch, scallop square punch and gold brads. Very easy but fun.

I also went through my "previously made and currently hoarding" card pile recently and was able to add some finishing touches on some of those. These, along with cards from card exchange last year, I already have about 50 cards ready for this Christmases mailing. Only 50ish more to go! Some of you may be getting "one of a kind" cards this year! By the way, if any of you who actually read my blog don't currently receive a Christmas card from me each year, it's because I don't have your address... that, or you've never sent me a Christmas card! I'd be more than DELIGHTED to add you to my list, heck, you can even request which card you want!! I was really debating on whether I should post my cards on my blog. I don't want anyone to feel neglected! Please post your address for me! I love getting mail with actual postage on it, so I make an effort (once a year) to do this for those I love!

Another thing we crafted this weekend was our invitations to the 3rd annual Croshaw Halloween party. I didn't take pictures of the actual cards we made, but this is the pattern we copied. Aren't they crazy cute?!?! The credit must be given to a gal named Cambria Turnbow.
I'm looking forward to our party this year. I'm not normally a huge Halloween fan, but having something like this to plan and get ready for makes it a little more exciting! Now, I need to figure out a costume!

3 comments:

Tara McCausland said...

Love the new template! Very festive.

Rachel said...

Cute cards! I might have to copy/highjack your ideas... and supplies, hee hee.

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

I love those great cards. Look at you getting al your Christmas cards done so early. That is awesome.

OK those Frankensteins are just over-the-top cute. Caleb is turning 5 right before Halloween, and those would make the cutest invites. Please send me the website with the instructions, though I could probably figure it our from looking. I so glad I have the Big Shot!