Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A new discovery

Okay, I found something that's gotten me to some thinkin'! Have you heard of or visited the blog "seriously, so blessed"? At first, I giggled a little, cringed a little, then laughed a bit. It's very funny, but it makes you cringe when she hits on something you do, have done, or would do! She mocks my love for Stampin' Up!

I guess this blog started back in June as a joke to some friends and now it gets thousands of hits a day. This blog is about TAMN, the perfect Utah Mormon newlywed/soon-to-be mommy and her perfect life with her perfect HOT hubby to go along with her perfect hot bod, despite her pregger status with twins!! It's out there spoofing us in some ways, but not out of bitterness or spite. It's just a way to laugh at ourselves and our tendency to only blog about the best in our lives. She's very superlative, so it's easy to see that she's not serious. I have to warn you, if you take yourself and your blog too seriously, you won't like this blog! After reading a few posts, I said to Paul, "I don't think I'll ever be able to blog again!" But after thinking about it some and reading some of the news items, I realize, this blogger is just a normal gal making fun of the extremes in our culture.

So, I think I can follow this blog a little... if for no other reason, she has some INCREDIBLE "give-oh-giveaways!" It'll likely help me make my blog a bit more "true" to me... and keep me on my toes about typos and words like "go-jus"! Enjoy!

2 comments:

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

I have checked out that website and it is pretty funny. It hits home a bit too much and I think "Oh, do I do that?" But it makes me laugh. I haven't seen her make fun of Stampin' Up yet though. You can mess with Mormon culture, but you start making fun of Stampin' Up and you've crossed the line. That's almost heresy! : )
We Mormon mom bloggers are a peculiar bunch, aren't we? Of course I was strange before I started blogging, it's just that now everyone can read just how strange I really am.

Rachel said...

Ryan discovered that site a couple months ago... oh man, we laughed and laughed. I think for me it was a reminder to write about anything, not just the good stuff and the oh-so-proud moments (which can be a little nauseating at times, if that's all you read).