Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I need to do some catch up

It's been a bit too long since I've added to my blog. Part of the issue is that it feels like I've been working A LOT lately. Here's some of what is going on.

Several weeks ago, we had some changes to the personnel at one of my schools. This change (and the events leading up to it) left a HUGE mess for some of us to clean up. So, on top of my ever growing caseload (I'm almost up to 35 students at this one school), we've got extra meetings to hold, current students whose paperwork needs renewing, new students to be tested and signed in, hearing and kindergarten screenings to start and on and on and on. And that's just at one school! All I can say is... it's a very good thing I really enjoy my work. I have to be careful, though. Paul and I are going through another phase of testing/temptation in regards to my work and I need to make sure this doesn't snowball. Ugh! What to do!

Last week was a short work/school week for us because of "fall break." The boys and I had Thursday and Friday off and Paul also had Friday off, so we actually made some plans for last weekend! I had a few errands to run which took us as far north as Brigham City. Since we were heading up that far, we decided to go just a little further and spend some time in Logan. Paul and I met while attending USU, Paul was raised in Cache Valley, both of our roots stem from there, and it holds a VERY dear place in our hearts. Thankfully, we still have a handful of family and friends still living there. I love this place!
(by the way: Paul proposed to me at this spot!)
Friday: drive north - stop in Woods Cross to deliver some stampin stuff to my wonderful Aunt Lynn and see how Uncle George is recovering from his recent back surgery - stop in Brigham City to pick up a fake Christmas tree from my sister's old house (add on - see all the improvements to said house since the new owners moved in!) - visit Carrie Ann and Richard and see their new, beautiful home! We could have spent the whole evening with them! - drive to Logan and get some yummy Mexican food from El Sol - stay up late talking about politics at Kim and John Cook's house! (I could so post a whole paragraph on each of these things, but I'll spare you!)

Saturday: hang out with Kim and John til noon - go to park and picnic with friend, Mandy, and her two gorgeous daughters, Morgan and Mady - read a book in the car while Charlie naps and while Paul goes on a little hike up Logan canyon with the boys - visit Aunt Marilyn and Uncle Mickey for a while - get dinner at the Bluebird (mmmmm, Bluebird chicken! We had our wedding dinner there.) - visit Carla, Brent, Amanda, Carma and Boyd (all relatives and all at the same time) for just a few minutes - drop Paul off at Daniel and Andrea's to watch the UFC fight - drive to Brigham to visit Cami and Jeff and talk politics, books, everything with them for a few hours - backtrack halfway to pick up Paul - drive home.

Here are some pics of the boys at the park. These are just taken with my camera phone... hopefully Mandy will post some better ones on her blog that I can steal!
We had so much fun! Spending a whole day visiting the people we love is one of my favorite things to do! We had some really great conversations on a whole myriad of topics. I love hashing things out with people... it's amazing how we all see the world in our own special way.
Well, nuff for one night. Hope you all had a great weekend too!

2 comments:

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

Sounds like a nice relaxing break for you, well nice anyway.

Rachel said...

Spencer LOVES Ryan's Place park. Handy that it's just around the corner from my in-laws house. Glad you had a fun weekend! Come to think of it... we were up in CV too but bottling grape juice prevented me from taking Spencer to the park. But he did get to play in the garden with grandpa. That's the same, right?? ;)