Thursday, October 2, 2008

It's been a slightly frustrating week!

So, I was teasing Paul last night after our first 4 mile run together, "I think you're in search for a cuter wife." When he denied it, then I told him I should turn him in for some domestic abuse for how much he's pushed me to run this week! We did two workouts last Friday; running in the morning and swimming that afternoon (I think of you, Rachelle, every time we go to the pool! Tangent alert... swimming is WAY harder than it looks!!!!! Too much to think about and all that water sure gets in the way when you need to breathe!). Our FHE activity this Monday was our typical 3.5 mile run/bike ride (for the boys). Then, on Tuesday, he encouraged me to do some speed work on my own. Then on Wednesday, as a family again, we ran all the way to the 2 mile mark before turning around and running all the way home... pant, pant, pant. That's the furthest distance and longest amount of time I've ever run, and I'm glad to know that I can go that far and probably even a little farther if needed (but please don't make me do it yet!). So, I've been very good this week and have done well on my "points" for weight watchers as well!

So, you'd think I'd have a good evening with my weigh-in today, but I was wearing the wrong jeans!!! I was happy with my number this morning (being dehydrated and wearing light clothing), but after sitting all day at a speech therapy convention and a big yummy sweet pork salad from Costa Vida for lunch, I was NOT happy with my 1.2 lb GAIN for the week... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Just to make myself feel better, I weighed myself at home with my jeans on, then off, and the difference was 1.4 lbs!! So, technically, I think I lost 0.6 lb this week (my scale is .4 higher than the WW scale)... which STILL stinks because I worked hard this week! Last week, my total weight loss was 11 lbs, and now I'm only a 9.8 lb loss. Crazy how the body works. Next week had better be better!!!! I am so in the mood for a big bag of peanut M&Ms.

5 comments:

Emily said...

Stay away from the M&Ms...they so aren't worth it. Eat some veggie soup. HeHe. I am glad that I am not dieting right now...it is so hard.

When you work out a lot your body retains the water to repair the damage to your muscles...you will see a big difference either next week or the week after. Don't give up...you are doing great and the exercise will really help speed up the weight loss...it just takes a few weeks to get it jump started.

I am so proud of you for working so hard. I can't wait to start running with you again next year...you will be way past me though...sniff.

Tara McCausland said...

Don't be discouraged, Diana. It sounds like you've done and excellent job this week. Remember losing weight isn't about what you eat that day, it's about a lifestyle change and it sounds like you're making a significant effort to make that change. You go girl!

Anonymous said...

You're a champ Diana!! But don't get discouraged.... the more you run the more muscle you gain... which weighs more than fat. I know you already know this..... I have to remind myself of this constantly!!!
Keep up the good work!!!

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

Wow, you are amazing! I have never run that far in my life...collectively. Swimming is only hard to think of everything at the same time at first. After a while it becomes automatic and I have time to think about stuff. I write so many posts in my head while I am swimming. The only hard part is remembering to count my laps! Keep it up.

Girl, you have got to never wear those jeans to weigh in again - it isn't healthy for you psyche. I don't care how cold it is outside, you've got to wear the lightest clothes you've got. You are doing great. Keep it up, and next week when you weigh in wearing that light cotton you'll have lost several pounds!

Rachel said...

Remind yourself that exercising builds muscle, which weighs more but looks WAY better!

I gotta disagree with Emily (sorry Em!), except for the big bag part, because I love, love, love M&Ms, especially peanut. Just get yourself one of those little fun-size bags and enjoy a little treat. (On a side note, whoever came up with calling those teeny tiny packages "fun size"? The only thing that would make it fun is if it were bigger.)