Monday, April 27, 2009

Impeccable timing

Edit: I just read this update on the Princess Cruise homepage. Six Princess ships are currently scheduled for calls in Mexican ports through May, as they reposition to Alaska for the summer season. In total, eight itineraries and 22 calls in Mexico are affected, and passengers who are booked on these cruises will either visit alternative ports or spend an additional day at sea. Affected passengers will be advised of the itinerary changes once the new berthing arrangements have been confirmed.
We haven't been notified just yet what the end result will be for our particular cruise that starts this Saturday, but they are working hard to keep us safe. I've gotten several phone calls from family members worried about us. We're being optimistic and are still very excited about our upcoming vacation and celebration of our 10 years of marriage together.


So, I spent the ENTIRE day getting some of the finer details arranged for the boys while we're gone next week for our cruise to MEXICO. The only place in the world that the government is recommending restricting any "unnecessary" travel. All I can say at this point, is that our vacation plans and this swine flu have some impeccable timing.

So far, the trip hasn't been cancelled, and I'm not worried in the slightest about contracting this virus (I went through hospital training seminars... I'm good at washing my hands). As long as the boat is sailing, we're going to be on it; even if we have to STAY on it!

I'll bring an extra book...

just in case!

4 comments:

jina carter said...

Oh! I totally forgot about your cruise! That is kinda scary.....good thing your not though! I hope that you have a blast.

Brett and Tiffany said...

Have a great time on your cruise and take a lot of pictures!

Miss Kendra said...

I would not be worried at all either! I know how to wash my hands very well!!

Have a great time!

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

How could anyone have possibly predicted that? I'll keep my fingers crossed that they let you go...and that they let you come home. Good Luck!