Friday, April 17, 2009

Our spring storm

Imagine my intense displeasure at seeing a whole crapload of snow dump on us this Wednesday! It wasn't just a little bit of rain, turned snow... it was a really big snowstorm for the middle of April! Considering that my race was just 3 days away from all this snow, I was really bummed.

Well, I had to work on Thursday, and after clearing off my car with a TON of this perfect snow for a snowball fight or a snowman, I went back in to encourage Paul to get the boys outside to make a snowman. So they did... and had a GREAT time!

Once there was a snowman... tall, tall, TALL! In the sun he melted... and this is what he looked like by the time I got home that evening at 5:00.


I'm not sure if this little guy got some help in falling over or not, but considering that all the rest of the snow from that day was also gone or liquifying fast... he just wasn't meant for a long life. I'm just glad Paul got the kiddos outside for something fun to do on their first day of Spring Break! And to be even more honest, I won't miss him at all! Bring on the SUNSHINE!!!

1 comment:

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

Short lived snow works for everybody! They got to build a pretty impressive snowman, and then you got your sunshine back. If we ever had snow, I think I would want it to be like that. Duh, if WE ever got snow it would be gone in an instant. It wouldn't stay on the ground long enough to make a snowman.

Yesterday Luke laid on the grass, waved his arms and legs, and tried very hard to make a "grass" angel. The results were disappointing.