Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Some Halloween highlights!

We had a very fun Halloween weekend last week. It started off with our 3rd annual Croshaw Halloween Bash on Thursday night! My sister-in-law, Amy, is an extremely talented party thrower, with a small obsession for Halloween decor! She's pretty amazing at her energy and zeal for the occasion, especially considering the fact that she had a baby one week before the party! Thankfully, we did a lot of the planning weeks before hand, and thankfully, Melanie (another awesome sister-in-law) was willing to do all the baking! I'm afraid I didn't pitch in as much as they did, but I did wrap every one of those li'l smokies in a blanket by myself (Tara said I could take ALL the credit!), and as usual, I picked up the dishwashing duty at the end! I have some pictures of the event, but I need Melanie to email them to me first! I was so glad all the friends we invited were able to come! I'll post pictures of them when I get them.

The next day was Halloween, of course! The boys had parties at school and then we had our trunk-or-treat with the ward that night. This is my little group of boys in costume.
Canon is Bumblebee from Transformers. Charlie is an elephant (the same way Andy and Canon were elephants before they began to care!). Andy is Batman. Want to hear a story about these costumes? Now, I told the boys I would buy them a video game if they would just choose to wear one of the 6 costumes we have sitting in their closet for Halloween this year. But, once we were at Target, of course they didn't care about a video game and INSISTED that they HAD to get new costumes! A week after buying them, Canon changed his mind and said he'd rather have the video game. Too bad! Andy woke up on Halloween and told me he wanted to wear his Ninja Turtle costume to school, since he was Batman the day before. Too bad! Canon decided he wanted to wear his Black Spiderman costume trick-or-treating. Too bad! Putting my foot down, I was a mean mom and told them that they had made their choice to be Bumblebee and Batman, so stop whining about it!!! My kids have a tough life.
Since Halloween, I've been having a ROUGH time with all this CANDY in the house! Last year, I told the boys to just EAT IT and get it over with. It was a rough couple of days, but we got through it! Paul wanted to avoid that insane, hyper, boys-bouncing-off-the-walls situation this year, so here we are almost a week later and I'm still battling the temptation. Most of the chocolate is gone at this point (hmmm, wonder where it snuck off to??!!), so it's getting a little easier, but I'm dreading weigh in this week. And I am SOOOO close to hitting my first goal! Dang diet!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Wow, you are the MEANEST mom ever!! But the boys look so cute in their costumes. Way to make them stick it out!