Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Learning something new today!

I was hanging out with my friend, Emily, today and was showing her ways to play with the photo editing software, Photoscape. We got busy playing with it and managed to put together a digitally scrapbooked page of her daughter! So, I came home and decided to do the same page with one of my own pictures (unfortunately, I didn't have the plethora of amazing portrait options that Emily had!), but this is what I put together for myself!
It's kind of hard to read the title... I may have to find some different lettering. This was so fun, though! So I did another one for Charlie's birthday (the one I neglected to blog about... oops!).

Aren't these fun?! Okay, the second page is a little boring, but I just needed to add more photos to the layout! For a long time, I poo-pooed digital scrapbooking. Seriously, someone who has spent the amount of money I've spent on stamps and paper and all the stuff necessary to put together actual scrapbook pages doesn't need to venture into another craft arena. But there is lots of free stuff out there and for now, I can just dabble a bit and use these files for my blog.

3 comments:

CP-HENRIE said...

Thanks, for the comment! We are very blessed to have a new little girl in our family. I love your scrapbook layout! Way To GO on your Goal! take care

Emily said...

We sure did have a lot of fun. Thanks for turning me onto Photoscape...I told everyone about it in my crop club and they are all downloading it today. Too funny!

Rachel said...

Very cute pages! And again, kudos on your weight watchers success - you should be very proud of yourself!

You know... I'm with you on the actual scrapbooking because hello, I have ALL the supplies I need. But digital scrapping is soooooo much easier. I think I would actually get it done that way, rather than look at my piles of photos and cabinet full of supplies, and feel completely and utterly overwhelmed.