Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Fun book to read

I got a chance to just sit back and read this weekend and it was a GREAT book! I've been needing something that I could just fly through because, for some reason, Gone With the Wind took me over 2 months to read!! Don't get me wrong, I loved GWTW, but dang... it took me forever. So, I picked up "Peter and the Starcatchers" at my school library on Friday, started reading it while Paul was watching all his sports games and I finished it on Sunday afternoon. What a clever book... and yes, that is Dave Barry's name at the top. It's basically the story of how a boy named Peter came to meet a certain pirate and how they end up on an island! It was fun how they explained the power behind his flying, why there are mermaids on the island and the reason why he'll never grow up. I highly recommend this book... so much so that I borrowed the second book today and hope to have it read by Friday when I get back to that school! If you so choose to take my advice, Enjoy!

2 comments:

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

Sounds like something fun to read with my boys. Thanks for the idea.

Merinda Reeder said...

I love children's and young adult fiction. Always good to pad the biographies and other "big" books with plenty of this.
I nominated you for a major award - a really significant prize. Come check out my blog and see what you get!