Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone!

We're here in Colorado for Thanksgiving and I'm so glad! I realized yesterday that it has been FOUR years since I've been home for Thanksgiving dinner. I'm not going to disrespect the delicious turkey dinners I've had at the Croshaw's the last 3 years, but there's nothing like the food you grew up with. My dad pretty much makes the entire meal (with TONS of support, of course) and he's an excellent cook. The food I'm most looking forward to, even if it may only be a couple bites, is the yams, the stuffing, and the pumpkin pie. As Charlie would say, "mmmm, mummy!"

I went running yesterday morning with Paul and again this morning to help me feel better about the fact that I'll be going WAY over my point allotment today! I'm not going to worry about LOSING any weight at next weeks weigh-in, but I really don't want to have to RE-LOSE any weight that I've already lost. I'm up to 22 lbs now and want to keep it that way.

So, considering this is a Thanksgiving day post, it would be logical for me to list some of the things that I'm thankful for, but I probably do that too much on this blog anyway. I'll just say, I'm grateful to know in advance that 1 piece of pumpkin pie is 9 points. Knowledge is power!

I hope you all have a fantastic holiday with your families!

2 comments:

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

If a slice of pumpkin pie is 9 points, than I calculate that I have used up all my weekly points allowed for the rest of the year. You can't use points on credit can you? But how are you supposed to choose between that pumpkin, pecan, apple, or chocolate cream pie?

22 pounds is awesome! Don't worry, I'm sure you didn't eat 22 lbs. of turkey and yams - unless your dad's cooking really is that good.

Emily said...

Okay...so I hate that you have been gone FOREVER!!! Like who needs to go visit family...not you...you are supposed to be here to hang out with me. HAHA...just kidding...but I did miss you. I am glad that you have had so much fun.

BTW: How awesome are you for loosing 22 pounds...you are my hero!