Sunday, November 30, 2008

Why do I do this?

Today, I was supposed to have spent all day in the car. Unfortunately, a biggin storm blew in last night and in order for us to get home, we would have needed chains to get through the mountains. We ended up staying here another day and tomorrow, I get to spend the whole day in the car! CAN'T WAIT!!! So, with extra time on my hands, and nowhere to go (it is Sunday with snow everywhere afterall), I worked on a project... a project that involved sewing... lots of sewing... lots of steps... lots of pins, ironing, ribbon, etc... and this project took me ALL DAY!

The project itself did not need to be so time consuming, but I'm a bit of a freak and instead of making "some", I made 35. That's right, THIRTY-FIVE. It would have been more, but I cut a TON of them out wrong. I had gone to the store last night and bought a few different patterns of material. This project doesn't require lots of material, and I didn't want to waste any of it, so I just kept cutting them out! I can't believe I made that many... I don't even have this many friends! Actually, I do plan on keeping 5 of them for myself, considering I invested an entire 24 hour time period to making them! All I can figure is that when I get in "craft mode," I'm always mass producing things. Card exchange and stamp club require me to make 10 of every card I design/copy. I send out over 80 Christmas cards each year. Making little gifts for teachers requires at least 4. In the least, it's understandable that I would make a bunch, but I definitely went overboard!

So, why haven't I told you what I made? Because I made 35 of them and will need to be giving them to people. I honestly don't know how many people actually read this silly little blog (I'm sure not many), but I wouldn't want to spoil any potential surprises since I'll be using as many of them as possible as Christmas presents.

Ah well, at least they're done (well almost!). I could have spent the whole day reading or watching football like Paul did, so I don't consider it time wasted. I do feel satisfied that I spent the day doing something creative and I'm now quite comfortable with operating a sewing machine!

3 comments:

Miss Kendra said...

I do the same thing. Everything I make/do/craft/bake I do in dozens. I don't even know how to make 1 pumpkin bread. When I make them, I make at least 6. What's wrong with us?? When I do cards or pictures I do dozens, like 4 dozen at least...

Do you think there is a group out there that can help us?

Rachel said...

Ooh, come teach me how to work mine! I got a sewing machine for Christmas a couple years ago and I'm totally embarrassed to say that it's still in the box. I have some projects I need to work on so if you're willing to teach, I'm all ears!

Emily said...

I think I know what it is...hehe.