Tuesday, July 14, 2009

It's great to be 8!

My first baby just turned 8 last week. He got the chance to go to his first scouting day camp on his birthday, so we waited until friday to have his birthday party. I think he had a great time during the day camp and then that evening, we all went to Chuck-E-Cheese. My kids just love that cesspool of bacteria! With all the tickets we'd hoarded over the last couple years, we were able to get both the boys a decent gift from the prize area and Charlie a little lunch box. Kinda fun getting stuff for "free"! I did manage to grab a few shots of us there:
After dinner, Paul took the boys to a baseball game in Orem. I opted to take Charlie home since he's now decided naps are no longer necessary and he wouldn't have made it 2 innings. The boys had a great time with their dad and it turned out to be a great actual birthday for Andy.

Then on Friday, we let Andy invite 5 friends to go play Laser Tag for his birthday party. The boys had a GREAT time and it really made the party planning thing easier for me. Remember, I tend to freak out about hosting things, so I was very grateful for an easy way out this time!
Andy's baptism is coming up on August 1st and he's very excited about it. We are also excited to see those members of our family who will be coming. What can I say, it's great being 8! I love my little Andy so much. What a fun, sweet, and tenderhearted little man we have in Andy. Happy Birthday, kiddo!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Sounds like a blast. I am glad that all the kids had such a great time.

It is weird that my best friend has a kid that is eight!??!?! What the???? I think it is so great that Andy is entering a new phase in life and will be able to learn and grow.