Thursday, July 23, 2009

A confession

I haven't blogged about actually reaching my goal weight of 145 yet, because, so far, it still hasn't happened. Since the cruise, I have been within 3 pounds of that stinking number and for some reason, my motivation, drive, and ambition to actually lose those last 2-3 pounds has flat out DIED. Isn't that crazy? SOOOOOO CLOSE and yet, can't get there.

So, last week at WW, I made a choice... one I've been thinking about making for a while now. Even though it seems like a TOTAL cop out, I changed my goal weight to 148, and reached it weighing in at 178.8. Here's why I did it:

Firstly, I'm tired of paying the $40 a month to go NOWHERE.
Secondly, if I'm having a really hard time GETTING to 145, I'm going to have a KILLER time staying at 145.
Thirdly, I ultimately decided that what I most want to avoid is getting above 150 again, and setting my goal weight to 148 still fills that purpose. Once I reach lifetime member status at WW, I have to stay within 2 lbs of my goal weight... which means under 150.
Fourthly, I need the stress of the actual number on the scale to GO AWAY! I'm thrilled with being a size 10! Sure, now that I've been here for a few months, I've started to feel less skinny than I did originally, but my clothes still fit nicely enough.
Fifly (sidetrack: I've never used the word "fifly" before, if it's even a word, and it looks really weird typed up like that!), I just needed to hear the official word that I DID IT! And I did... I feel great about what I've accomplished.

So, as I hoped, with the stress of it all gone (well, not COMPLETELY since I still have 6 weeks of maintenance to do), I lost another 1.4 lbs this week weighing in today at 146.4, bumping my total weightloss back up to 40 lbs. Though I'm not constantly telling myself, "i'm on a diet," I'm still making pretty decent food choices and trying to make my good habits stick. Plus, I'm still running a ton in preparation for my 10K tomorrow and the Red Rock Relay. And I also need to be throwing in some extra bike and swim workouts in order to be ready for another triathlon in August. These things should help with the maintenance.

So here's my sigh of relief; "Ahhhhhhh"

It feels good to be alive and healthly!

6 comments:

Lacey said...

Way to go!!!!!! A size 10 and under 150 is amazing!

Brett and Tiffany said...

I think you have accomplished a great thing! Think about the big obstacle you have overcome and don't worry about what you HAVEN'T done! I admire your perserverance!

Emily said...

You rock and look so amazing. truly you do. I am glad that you decided to change your goal...you a perfect how you are...and I know that it has stressed you out so much lately. i am glad that you are just a healthy girl now...and not a diet girl anymore. love you.

Merinda Reeder said...

That's great. I love your reasons and you are completely right. Congratulations on "ending" the diet and continuing the lifestyle of healthy.

jina carter said...

I am so impressed by you. To loose 40 lbs. is amazing! There is absolutely nothing wrong with staying at 148. You look so amazing! I was so happy for you at the meeting when everyone clapped for you and you got your award. (And I do have to admit a little jealousy over getting "done" lol) Congrats on your HUGE accomplishment!

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

I think it's "fifthly." Maybe.

Girl, your WW goal has to be higher than your own personal goal, or you will go insane. My ww goal is like 10 lbs. higher than where I really want to be (I have been there, but not right now!) You have to give yourself some breathing room, so you don't feel like you are on an eternal diet. Get that lifetime membership - you have certainly earned it!

PS Can't wait to see you next week!!!