Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

I just wanted to take a second and wish all the wonderful father figures in my life a Happy Father's Day!

First, to my Dad. Thanks for being a wonderful father to me! Thank you for working hard and providing for our big family. Thank you for loving and respecting my mother, and in turn, teaching me that I was worth that same love and respect. Thank you for being an excellent example of faith and service and for teaching me about the gospel of Christ. Thank you for all the projects you have helped me with over the years. Thank you for supporting me in my interests as they have evolved. I love you and am so happy to be honoring a man such as you on Father's Day.

Second, to my Father-in-law. Thank you for everything you do for us! Living close to you and Mom is such a blessing. Thank you for being an active part of my children's lives. They love to be near you. Thank you for always accepting me as one of your own. Thank you for teaching me so much about the atonement. I've learned so much about it from your example. Thank you also, for your example of service to others. I admire so much the work you have been doing with the foundation. I hope you have a great Father's Day.

Third, to my husband. I love you so much. Thank you for loving me back. Thank you for serving our family in every way. Thank you for your hard work and financial support. Thank you for being an awesome dad that plays with and teaches our children. Thank you for being a worthy priesthood holder in our home and for exercising that priesthood whenever it's necessary. Thank you for being a good example to all of us with your hard work in training! I love how you are always trying to do better. Thank you for leading our home with a gentle hand and voice. I know I made an excellent choice when I picked you! Happy Father's Day, sweetie!

I have such a strong testimony in the importance of fathers. They sacrifice SO MUCH for their families and deserve our utmost respect. I recognize how incredibly lucky I am to have had such fantastic influences in my life. I wouldn't be the woman I am without the men I've had to support me. Here's a shout out to all you fathers out there. I hope you know just how influential you are.

No comments: