Monday, June 29, 2009

A bike ride first

This morning I went on a bike ride. It was long and difficult because I decided to ride up one of the nearby canyons. There was a minute there that I wasn't sure if I could make it up this really tough hill! After I'd had enough climbing fun (which was only 4 hills into the canyon) I turned my bike around and cruised down those same hills at my fastest speed yet on a bike (about 35 mph). On the way down, I felt something hit my right shoulder and then shortly after, something stung me! Leaning forward with the wind blowing against me, my shirt was pretty open at the neck and a stupid little bee flew in and got me at the base of my ribs... OUCH!

This was my first bee sting ever! And I was sort of freaking out because I was riding downhill very quickly (which is scary anyway) and worried about getting stung multiple times. Thankfully, I didn't get anymore stings, and I found out I'm NOT allergic to bee stings! It didn't sting for too long, so I was able to go another 7 miles. I ended my bike ride having ridden the furthest I've ever gone (20 miles), having climbed the start of my first canyon, and having experienced my first bee sting! It was a pretty eventful morning! When I got home and sat down, I found that sorry little bee struggling to climb up my shoulder. I helped him out by throwing him in the toilet! I hope that taught him a lesson!

1 comment:

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

Wow, what an adventurous life you lead! First the mall, and now this. You make my life seem so boring. Can't wait for the next installment! ;-)