Friday, August 28, 2009

Lifetime Membership!

HOORAY!!!!!! I finally reached my lifetime membership at Weight Watchers! It was looking a little iffy in those last weeks of summer that I would be within two pounds of my changed goal weight of 148. There were some afternoons that no amount of nakedness would have helped me get under that 150 lb mark!

But then school started with one more week before my final weigh in. It is SO much easier to eat healthy when I'm working, and with the chaos of things at the start of the school year, I've worked everyday this last week. With the limited amount of time for eating, I managed to lose about 3 lbs this week and weighed in last night at 146.8! A total weightloss of 40 lbs even and good enough for lifetime membership!

The coolest part is that I was even within 2 lbs of my ORIGINAL goal of 145, so I'm super happy about that! So, what happens now?! Basically, I just need to weigh in once a month, and as long as I'm still under 150, there's no charge for it. If I do start to creep up there again, I can still attend the meeting and refresh my motivation to make smarter food choices. The point is that all that I've learned and done will STICK and that the monthly weigh-ins will motivate me to maintain the loss. I admit, it did keep me from running to Sonic last night at 10:30 for a cream slushie! I'll have to get one tonight instead, but at 8:00, instead of 10!

I'm so glad it's finally done... and it only took a YEAR! I'm sure it could've/should've taken less time, but no need to beat myself up over that now. Now I can find something else to do with that $40 a month! I'm sure that won't be too hard!

5 comments:

Merinda Reeder said...

WAHOOOOOO!
I knew you would do it. You're a determined type A. Congratulations. Yay :)

Jennifer said...

Great job Nan! You worked your butt off for it and I'm super proud of you. Maybe one day I'll be as motivated as you were.

Tiffany said...

YAY!!! That represents a lot of dedication (and self-deprivation)! You're awesome :)

Jen said...

YOU ROCK DIANA!! You are an inspiration to us all! Miss ya!

tina said...

SWEET! Way to go! Who cares how long it takes, you did it. I'm still sitting here wondering why I can't lose ANY weight. Oh yeah, all those treats I eat. Ugh.