Saturday, August 15, 2009

Lagoon & Nummy Yummy Steak!


Because of convention falling on Paul's birthday, I did my best to create a fun day for Paul before I took off. On the Wednesday before his b-day, Paul and I went to Lagoon and had a total BLAST! People asked if we took our kids... my response? "Lagoon is no place for children!" A couple years ago, I was able to go with Paul's mom and sisters on a ladies weekend, but it was way more fun with Paul! Plus, it had been over 15 years since Paul had been there, so he was like a kid in a candy store! That boy loves his thrill rides, despite his fear of heights!

So, yep, we had a great time. Especially, since we went on the 'Wicked' ride (pictured behind us in the pic) at least 8 times. We also particularly enjoyed the people watching... just another reminder that it takes all kinds to make the world go round!

After the long day on our feet, we went to dinner at Carver's and I got my second favorite steak ever. My favorite was at Prime in Park City last year for Paul's birthday, but we opted not to splurge THAT much this year. But if you go to Carver's, get their BV steak... it's really good! Paul also enjoyed whatever it was he had! I had a great time trying to overcompensate for Paul's birthday this year. He definitely deserved it.

No comments: