Monday, August 24, 2009

Have we done it?!

Got Milk?

Well, Charlie doesn't anymore!

We finally have gotten Charlie to the point where he doesn't need a "baba" before going to bed. Yes, I know he's almost three... DON'T JUDGE ME!! If your little guy RAN to his bed with a happy face because a little milk in a baba, you just might do it too!

But lately, Charlie was asking for a bottle in the middle of the day for naptime, so we'd comply and lay him down hoping for the best! Life really is so much better when naps happen. But once he was done with the milk, he was done with that CRAZY idea for a nap. So last week, I told him, "If you don't sleep for naptime, you don't get a baba for night time. Only babies drink babas, and babies need naps. No nap, no baba!" So after not napping, that night, we started a new nighttime routine which didn't include a baba. He wasn't really thrilled about it, but he also didn't throw a fit, so I was pleased.

Well, it's been a week! He even took a nap today and still went down tonight without his beloved milk. YAY! This gives me hope that Charlie will someday actually embrace growing up to be a 'big boy'. Next stop, a real bed and then... potty training!

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

Go you!!! I think with my first, I would have been more inclined to worry and stress over stuff like "baba's" but now, they grow up fast enough, so I'm not as in as big of a rush. In other words...don't stress. Aeden (my 3rd) was nearly 3 before he was completely off his bedtime bottle...and my youngest who will be 2 in December...yeah, I have no desire (or intention) to start parting ways with that lifesaver just yet ;)

Emily said...

yes! happy day. I am so glad that Charlie was ok with it. I know how hard it can be to make changes in the routine. Charlie is too cute! What a big boy.

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

Love these milestones! Luke is addicted to milk. Addicted! He will bring the entire gallon in to me when I as still asleep in the morning and plop it on my bed along with an empty sippy cup and a lid. Not thrilled about him toting a gallon of milk around, and I'm not quite sure how to stop that.

Shaina and Cody said...

I love Charlie. He is so cute, and it was really fun talking to you guys and getting to know you. We will have to do it agaian.

Lacey said...

What I have learned over the years and with each child is that some things just need to stick around for awhile AND THAT IS OK! Sanity at this point is what I strive for and if bottles give YOU sanity, than 3 is not too old. Wish we lived closer so that I could get to know your boys. They are darling!