Saturday, May 30, 2009

A fun project

So, one of the reasons I haven't blogged in a while is this fun project I finally got done! Several weeks ago, Paul's Aunt Rebecca called me up to commission me to make some cards for their Jr. High school teachers. She needed them to be a specific size (in order to hold money) and I had a couple weeks to get them done. It was a pretty daunting project, mostly because Paul's Aunt Marta made the cards for her last year... and you should see Marta's cards. She's awesome! In order to simplify the project a little (she needed 18 cards total), rather than making each card unique, I made a different card per department. Here's how they turned out.

This one for Janis on the left is my favorite one, closely followed by the one for Tara on the bottom right.

These ones aren't quite as fancy, but I still think they turned out well. It's hard to design cards for men. At least with Corinne, there, I could throw on a big flower focal point and call it good!

I like these cards for the English teachers, but felt like they were a little plain-ish. I loved the paper, though! In making these cards, I was SOOO glad to have my Serif Alphabet dies for my big shot as well as the smaller alphabet die. Once I decided to make their names the focal point for each card, it made it a little easier. Aunt Rebecca received them from FedEx today and sent off a very reinforcing email to me telling me she loved them! I was relieved to hear that she was so pleased with how I did. Hopefully the teachers will also like the cards next week when they receive them with some cash inside! I'm sure the cash would make ANY card look good to an underpaid teacher! What do you think?

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

those are so dang cute! I can only imagine how long those took you...it would have taken me FOREVER!!!! (and mine wouldn't have looked nearly that good...go YOU!)

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

Oh, that is a lot of work when you can't do assembly line. Coming up with the ideas is have the battle. Well done! I am totally impressed. No wonder you have been busy. What a project! I think the recording angels in heaven give you extra chicken scratches on your "good deed book" when you do nice stuff for teachers.

Molly said...

Wow! Those are super cute!

Emily said...

Those are sooooo cute! I love them. I had forgotten that you were working on that. They turned out so darling. Thanks for posting the pictures...they are sooo cute.