Thursday, May 14, 2009

Day 4 - Mexico, sort of.

So I have ZERO pictures of this day on the ship. It was Tuesday and we spent the morning parked outside Ensenada, Mexico. No offense to Mexico, but geesh! What a dump! I'm so glad nobody was aloud to get off the ship. Ensenada held no appeal for me.

We didn't workout that morning, but I'm assuming we got some sort of breakfast. I do remember finishing my book that morning on a deck chair and hitting my head REALLY hard on a railing as I was getting up. It hurt my head and my pride! This was the morning I managed to get a pretty decent sunburn on my shoulders and the front of my legs. It was really windy, so it never felt hot. By the time I saw some color on my legs, I had overdone it a bit! Thankfully, it wasn't too bad, but it got pretty itchy that night! Paul and I played some shuffleboard (I beat him) and I started my second book of the trip, "Star Garden." It's sad, but I'm really having a hard time remembering much! Pretty much, we just relaxed the whole time! The whole day was perfectly spent with a bit of hottubbing, lounging, watching movies in our room, reading/napping in some soft chairs in the covered area and eating whatever and whenever! The fact that we did pretty much nothing is the beauty of that day! I'm thinking I could use another day like that already!

Paul did participate in the Rock Star event again that night. This time, he sang "Sweet Home Alabama" and ended up dedicating it to me, so they called me up on stage to have him sing it to me. He did a really good job! We also went to another comedian that night, Kevin Jordan. He was pretty good, but based on what we saw from him during the "family friendly" act, we were sure we wouldn't want to attend his "adult comedy show" at midnight a couple days later.

So there's Tuesday... I think!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Hey Diana!! I am so glad you had such a fun time on your trip!! Everyone needs to take a little break like that every once and a while!! You look fabulous, too!! Miss you!