Sunday, September 14, 2008

Week in review

We had a pretty decent week. My friend was cleaning her storage room on Monday, which inspired me to do the same. Now, this is embarassing, but I'm going to post it anyway. This is our storage room. After almost 3 years of living here, we still haven't done much with this space other than just fill it with junk, junk and more junk. We had boxes in this room that we packed in Brigham City, took to Burley, and then brought here without emptying or repacking them! To say the least, attacking my storage area, was bound to be a gigantic project. Here's a picture of phase two.That's right, phase two. Sadly, this is a vast improvement of what it was! See all those boxes on the left... they used to be filled with stuff that is now either at DI or going in the garbage tomorrow. Here's the other side of the room.This is also an improvement if you can believe it! I guess if you know me well, you can believe it! This is my deluxe stamping space!!! It's rarely organized and only bi-monthly is there enough room on the table to actually make a card (or 50). In my defense, the mess on the floor is a recent occurance. When my boys see floor, they take it upon themselves to do something to remedy that situation. In this case, they found that plastic blue case there full of the foam letters and put them together... they haven't played with this toy for years, ever since I got sick of them chewing up the letters.

Anyway, part of the problem of doing this project is that I neglected the laundry and the rest of the house pretty much all week, leading to an exhausted meltdown on Saturday. Sometimes it's hard when you feel like you have to "do it all" and "be it all."

Other news, I lost another 1.4 pounds at my weigh-in on Thursday. YAY! I'm now down 7.6 lbs from my starting weight.

Also, Andy FINALLY lost that ugly, yellow, front tooth!!! I took the boys to the dentist on Wednesday and was thrilled to have no cavities. Even Charlie got his teeth cleaned, with much screaming and fighting. Luckily the older boys are total troopers when it comes to the dentist, but the gal sure earned her money when it was time to do Charlie. Andy's tooth was loose (he actually has 3 loose teeth), so the dentist showed him how pushing vs. wiggling is better for getting the tooth to come out. He pushed and pushed on that tooth for 3 days, but it finally came out when he was jumping on the trampoline at Grandma's and he hit his face with his knee. Ouch! Well, he looked and looked, but couldn't find the tooth. He figured he may have swallowed it, so he had his cousin, Ellie, write a note to the tooth fairy. This is what it said,

"Dear tooth fairy, I think I swalowd my tooth today. I was bowsing on the tramp my knee hit my tooth my tooth got knocted out that's the part when I swalowed my tooth. From Andy

Isn't that so precious??!! I wish he had written it himself (though it would have hardly been readable) but he did sign his own name! He put the note under his pillow and the tooth fairy brought him 3 quarters! He was thrilled. Now he and Canon have matching smiles again.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I am so proud of you for tackling your storage room. It looks great; keep up the great work. Life is just better when it is organized.

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

Oh my, that organizing is always such a big ugly project, and everything else gets neglected. But in the end it feels so good and life is much easier when everything is organized. But the process is messy and painful. It looks like you did the hard part. It will be easier now.

Congrats on another loss at WW this week. Keep it up!