Thursday, September 4, 2008

A great Labor Day weekend!

The weekend started off with me receiving some of my big Stampin' Up! order on friday! This is proof that Paul tries to be as cool of a husband as I am a wife! I did some extra, unexpected testing that brought in some extra, unexpected money, so let me introduce you to my new BigShot!!!!!!
I've been watching the die cutting/embossing folder trend in scrapbooking and card making for years now, but have held off because I'm kind of a SU! snob when it comes to my crafting dollars and we didn't offer anything in that market. But finally, I need wait NO LONGER!!!!! So, it was exciting to get my BigShot on Friday, but the rest of my order (that had the only die I ordered in it) didn't come until Tuesday, so I didn't get to play with it right away. But on Tuesday, this box was on my porch when I got home from work! And these are the goodies for me!!! It felt like an extra birthday!
The Whole Box and then a breakdown of what's inside! 7 stamp sets (4 of which were free!), 6 punches that coordinate with the stamp sets, 5 ribbons, and some random tools and paper! That black square is my first die ordered... a big scallop circle!
I can't wait to work on my cards for card exchange and stamp club this month! (hey, we all got our thing!)

Now for the other part of the weekend. On Saturday morning, we got the kids up WAY to early to get Paul to his triathlon up in Riverton. It was a sprint triathlon to give Paul a chance to try out his new wheels in a race. Well, you know what? HE DID AWESOME!!! This was Paul's first podium finish, taking third place in his age range!! It was so fun to see him be so much awesomer than most the other racers there! I'm super proud of my guy and feel bad I won't be able to make it to his last race of the season this upcoming Saturday... that dang soccer mom stuff again!
On Monday morning, I also did a race... a nice little 5K in the rain! I did pretty awesome myself, taking 4th (from last) in my age range!!!! I know, I'm pretty amazing! This is me at the finish line, smiling because it's almost over!
This is my friend and neighbor (we share a wall), Monica. She beat me by 3 rockin minutes! You go girl!
It's amazing how much of exercising and racing is a mental battle as much as it is a physical one. This was the first time I'd ever run in the rain, but it wasn't raining that hard. Because of the bad weather, Paul debated on whether to get the kids up or not. I told him not to worry about it because if I were in his shoes, I wouldn't stand in the rain for 40 minutes with the kids just to watch him run! So, as I'm going along, stopping to walk 4 TIMES during the second mile (just being lazy!) I'm thinking to myself, "self, nobody cares how fast you do this race." I ran most of the last mile, but even then slowed down more than I needed to until I came around the corner and heard Paul and the boys cheering for me to hurry up! I guess they got there just in time to see us START the race, but didn't have time to find me to let me know they were there. I think if I'd have known they were waiting for me, I wouldn't have been so POKEY!!! Ah well. It was fun to have them there to support me. I loved it when Andy yelled at me to "kick it, Mom!!" so I did kick it into gear to finish the last 25 yards! My kids are so fun! The rest of the day, I sat around the house reading "Gone with the Wind" until we went to a barbeque at the Croshaws!

One more update... having intentionally weighed in at weight watchers with my heaviest shoes and clothes on last week, I lost an impressive 6.2 pounds this week! I'm sure at least 3-4 of those pounds are the difference in clothing, but hey... sometimes you've got to make sure you have a successful start to things! It's been a great week figuring out where I'm adding too many calories into my day. And now that I can factor in activity points earned into my daily points budget, this dieting stuff shouldn't be so bad! Okay, nuff for one day!

5 comments:

Jen said...

Nice post! It's so fun to have things that you love to do. I am also impressed by the 5K! It is a mental battle. I am so proud of ya! You are A-mazing... but you always have been :)

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

Hip hip hurray for the BIG SHOT!!! I am so excited for you!!! I'm SO glad you got it. You are going to LOVE it. I love mine. My friend needs to make baby shower invites. I helped her come up with a DARLING card using the Big Shot. It was so easy and so cute. I can't wait to see what wonderful things you'll come up with. Great choice on your stamps and supplies. We both have the same "must haves" list, I think. Yeah for "Upsy Daisy!"

I am so impressed by your run. Really! And fourth from last? I pity those three women who had to eat your dust for 5K. If I were in that race, you'd be fifth from last!

Over six pounds? That's awesome! Don't blame it on you heavy shoes and clothes, unless you were wearing your heavy Eskimo parka, a 50 karat diamond necklace, and gravity boots. Maybe you were wearing that, how do I know?

Emily said...

I am sorry that I can't run with you anymore; I actually really miss it. I can't wait until February...we will have to start again then. BTW: great job on you WW first week...6 pounds is great! I am so proud of you.

BTW: It was really fun going through all the new stuff you got. Thanks for letting me play with your new SU stuff.

Unknown said...

Good for you, Diana! You're doing a great job - hang in there. And I agree that running is very much mental, and only partly physical!

Jaynie said...

Congrats on the 5K! How fun to get a box from stampin up with lots of goodies. One day I will have more time to get into that again. Love your blog!