Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My first "tag" with peaches on top

So, my new long-distance friend Rachelle tagged me to list 6 quirky things about myself. Now, I don't really think of myself as "quirky," more like "disfunctional" in many ways. But over the last couple of days, I thought of some quirks that annoy myself and others.

1. I'm a picker. Yep, it's gross, but I pick things. I pick scabs, zits, peeling sunburned skin, stuff like that. For some reason, I just can't help it. Skin should be smooth, and when it's not, it gets picked. Call it a curse.

2. I ALWAYS have to turn around at least once when I'm driving someplace I've never been before. This is partly due to the fact that I'm not a great driver... never have been. Paul does ALL the driving when we're together, and that's okay by me!

3. I sing along incessantly. Radio, CD's, commercials... if there's music with words, I'm probably singing along. In fact, if you were to ask me what kind of music I like, my answer is, "music I can sing along with." Coincidentally, I married a man that also sings along. We happen to have 3 children who sing along... so much so that we have a rule at our house... "no singing at the table." Otherwise they'd never eat. It's actually kind of funny, but not.

4. I'm not a germophobe. While I do wash my hands after using the bathroom and after touching meat, I'll go ahead and eat food off the floor if it's something I really wanted (within reason, of course).

5. My feet are almost always cold when I get into bed. My husband's legs are usually nice and toasty. You can imagine the scene.

6. I talk too much, especially about myself. Pretty much, all of you know this already. I'm just letting you know that I'm aware of this issue and have been working on it. I figured it out a while back when I met someone who talked more than me and I realized how annoying that is. Sorry about that one, folks!

7. Paul says I should also include the fact that I laugh at my own jokes. Apparently I think I'm funny. I hope I'm not the only one!

So, now I'm supposed to tag 6 other people. They are supposed to post their own "quirk list" on their blogs. I tag...
1. Emily,
2. Alisha,
3. Denise,
4. Lisa G. (so she'll actually post something!)
5. Mindy Tec
6. Becca

Today, I ventured into the arts domestic. This was the result! PEACHES!!!!!
I don't know what it is about canning, but I find an INSANE amount of satisfaction in it! Especially when you get the fruit for free... Thanks Tammy! She had some extra peaches picked from her mother's tree and wasn't going to can anymore quarts. This little batch only made 7 quarts (aren't they pretty!!??!?), but my friend, Emily, and I have some big plans for Saturday. Can't wait to have some help!

On a side note, Charlie says the word "peach" (and "chip" for that matter) in a very questionable/inappropriate way. To use some speech pathology terms, he's been doing some prevocalic voicing and some "metathesis" on chip. Just nobody take it personally if he says it to you! It could be worse, though! My neighbor's daughter has a hard time with the word "truck." Hahaha!

6 comments:

Alisha M said...

I shouldn't have told you I have a blog!!!

love you

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

Your peaches are lovely! There is nothing prettier than a bunch of filled canning jars all lined up on your counter. So satisfying!

I have a kid who's a picker, drives us all crazy. I'm a singer too. My husband can't figure out how I know all the words to all the songs i have ever heard. He can't remember any words to any song. I am also the same way about germs. I get sick less than my germaphobe friends. And I'm thinking the person you met that talked more than you was me, right?

Great post!

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

p.s. Zola started a blog. I kind of forced her into it, and now she is enjoying it a bit too much. Check it out. thetimesofthesigns.blogspot.com

Mary Ann said...

Diana,
I am not sure how I found you, but I thought I would say Hi. It is so good to see your beautiful face!!
Mary Ann

Anonymous said...

Hey, I was tagged a long time ago with this same tag... so I really don't want to do it again...so if you want to check out my 6 things... go to Dec. 2007 on my blog Archive.

Dave said...

I'm not sure if Becca will get around to listing her quirks and I won't do it for her, but I thought I better comment on a couple of our shared quirks. I thought picking was an Eggleston thing, but maybe it is an Anderson thing afterall. I am especially fond of picking my nose. Becca hates it and will not accept my argument that certain boogers are incapable of being blown out. You either pick them or you get a sore throat and bad breath from breathing through your mouth all day.

I'm also definitely not a germaphobe. I honestly probably wash my hands only twice a day. Once when I shower and once after my daily sit down visit to the restroom. It seems gross, but it's hard to break 30 years of bad habit.

Keep up the good work on your blog! It is fun to catch up on you and the boys.