Monday, August 18, 2008

Summer recap... starting with the reunion!

This could take a while, because we have had a fun summer! Ah well, who cares if it's long... this is my blog, right?!? I'll have to do this in several different posts, mostly for the sake of time. Okay, the beginning of the summer began with family reunion preparations in June. It was my turn to plan my family's reunion. We have reunions every other summer and so far, they've been great. My in-laws built a lodge in their backyard, and two years ago, before it was even built, Paul and I asked to reserve it for my family reunion. It was great because we could all stay there on the Croshaw's property (actually, we had one sister opt to stay in a hotel, which then allowed enough space for everyone!). I think it was a successful reunion, though, I have to admit, I know I didn't enjoy it as much as I would have liked to... I guess that's usually the case when you are in charge of a big event.

The reunion itinerary included such events as family pictures (of course), where some great pictures were taken... take a look! This first one is of my entire family. There are eight kids in my family with 6 girls and 2 boys. My parents now have 16 grandkids with #17 on the way. I'm so glad we were able to get everyone there for the reunion to get a picture with everyone in it.
Here's one of all my sister's families. Aren't they such pretty ladies?!?
Here are my brothers, their lovely wives (who I love like sisters), one nephew, and a whole bunch of cute & awesome nieces! So far, my brothers have been the only source of granddaughters, where my sisters and I have only produced boy-types. Thankfully, we're all pretty thrilled with what we've got and we do have that cute William in the bottom picture to pass on the family name!
Other events included an afternoon at Salem pond where we split into teams and competed against each other. We did canoe racing,
bike racing,






and frisbee golf (no pics). Things got a bit competitive, which you would NEVER have suspected with my family... hahaha! One very exciting event (for me anyway) of our time at Salem pond was this...
Yep, that's my Canon riding his bike for the first time without training wheels!!!! His training wheels were broken, but we needed to use his bike for the racing, so off they came. Well, he didn't like everyone else getting to ride his bike and not him, so all it took was me steadying him long enough to get his feet on the pedals, and off he went. I guess when you're ready, you're just ready! Way to go, Canon!

After dinner we had a movie night at the lodge with an obscene amount of goodies and popcorn! The adults watch "Dan in Real Life" and the kids watched "Enchanted". Lots of fun.

The next day we hung out a bit and went swimming at the Spanish Fork pool in the afternoon. When we got back, we got some babysitters to deal with the kids outside, while the adults enjoyed a catered dinner. It was fun to sit around a big table and chat without a million kid interruptions! After that, we had a talent show with some great numbers from grandkids and some of the old folks as well! Late night activities included a bunch of card games and, you got it, more talking! The only remaining activities of the reunion included cleaning the lodge down to a spit shine that next morning. All in all, the Anderson family had a great time and really appreciated the use of the Croshaw's property. Thanks again, Rhyll and Steven!

1 comment:

Emily said...

I am glad that it was a success. I know how much you stressed about it. And I will help you with the pictures if you want some help.:)