Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Gonna brag about my sweetie, now!

Let me tell you a little about my husband, Paul. To put it mildly, he's a sports FREAK!!! He's never met a sport he didn't like. But ever since his little sister, Tara, married a cool guy named Luke, we have become a triathlon supporting family. Paul is now in his 3rd triathlon season and he just keeps getting better and better. Part of that is because I make an effort to be one of the coolest wives on the planet and just let him get a new full carbon frame triathlon bike. This supposedly makes him wicked fast. Okay, because I know you are dying to see it, here's the bike: (don't worry, Megan, we paid cash for it!)
This would be a cuter picture if he were sitting on it. Anyway, this season, Paul has done 3 triathlons and is registered for two more in the next 3 weeks. His first tri was the Salem sprint, which actually should be called a "bi" because they cancelled the bike due to some rain and wet roads. Here's a few pics from that:
Charlie, Andy and Canon waiting for the swim to start.
Paul coming out of the water.
and then running by with a serious look on his face, but it's hard to tell... hey, it's hard to take good triathlon pictures! He's almost done at this point. He did well in this race and even beat his little brother, Spencer. (I had to throw that in there!)

The next triathlon he did was the Provo Olympic distance (which is twice the distance of a sprint). Paul was doing GREAT on the swim:
GREATER on the bike: (he's the middle one of the 3 in this pic)
then tanked on the run:

He had to walk for a bit right before we took this picture, but when he saw me with a camera, he started running again. His stomach was giving him a TON of grief, so the end time on this triathlon was very disappointing for Paul.

But about a month later, Paul redeemed himself at the SPUDMAN, in our old stomping grounds of Burley, Idaho. He raced so well that I didn't get a single picture of him racing... he just kept going by me way before I was expecting him! So here's one of him right after he finished with his best 10K time EVER! He finished the whole race in 2 hrs 16 min. Awesome job babe! I guess it's harder than it looks to smile normal when you're this exhausted.


We stayed with my lovely aunt Sharon, hung out with some of our best friends there, enjoyed the triathlon event and went to church at our old ward. How fun it was to see everyone.
The weekend would have been perfect except for a seriously tragic occurance at the triathlon, where an athlete ended up drowning. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Donald Morehouse family of Provo. Hearing the siren of the ambulance drive by right after I saw my husband ride by on his bike, sunk my heart. I cried as I walked to the finish line and thought of the possibility that someone wouldn't be watching their husband finish this race.

Paul didn't have his new bike for the Spudman, so he signed up for a Sprint on Aug 30th to break it in before he does another Olympic the next weekend. I'm excited to see how he and his new bike do on these races! I sometimes give Paul a bad time about his obsession with triathlon, but in all reality, I'm very proud of him and what he's accomplished. Plus, all this working out stuff has transformed him into a total hottie... and who can complain about that!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Yes, Paul is a rockstar! Seriously...way to go Croshaw.

PS> I am glad that you figured out the pictures; it makes it a lot more fun...don't you think?

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

Wow! Great bike! You are such a cool wife! Are you going to post a picture of you Sissix Big Shot when you get it so we can all see what a cool hubby you've got?

Diana said...

Rachelle, You better believe I will! I'm so tempted to get it all this month as I'm the hostess for our first stamp club meeting, but I'll have to see. I really want that alphabet (cough, cough, $300 later!)