Sunday, September 6, 2009

Taking 'suck' to a whole new level!

I titled my post a couple days ago asking the question, "am I ready?" Well, the answer was a resounding HELL NO!! I'm not quite ready to blog about the Red Rock Relay race just yet, since I just got home a few hours ago and have some mothering to do, but I did want to throw my initial thoughts and reactions to the race up here.

Basically, the race is best summed up by a comment made by my friend, Julie. Right before her last leg of the race she said, "I don't know if I want to laugh, cry, vomit, or poop." This was an event that definitely made you want to do a lot of all four of those things, and occasionally, all four at the same time.

Our team's name was "So you think you can RUN!?" and based on our performance, we ended up being that nerdy fat chick that auditions for the reality dance show having no idea that she's completely inept and without talent whatsoever. Yep, that's right, we came in DEAD LAST!!!! LOL! I just have to laugh at that! You can count on ONE HAND how many people (volunteers not related to any of the runners) were still there at the finish line when our group ran under that arch. Ah well... turns out this race was designed for those who actually ARE hard core, and NOT those of us who think they might be able to handle a fun little race with their girlfriends!

Today, 24 hours after finishing the dang thing, I'm in excruciating pain from my hips down to my toes (especially my ankles... they're KILLING me!). I'm walking around like an 85 year old man; you know, the kind that can barely walk (not the kind that can still square dance with his sweetheart). But I've showered and cutified myself with some makeup 'n hairspray and am feeling more positive about the overall event. If you asked me last night if I would ever do this again, I would've answered another, "HELL NO!" (sorry, this weekend brought out my potty mouth - and I said a LOT more than just a couple hells!). Today, I'd probably consider it, but only under some majorly different circumstances. Give me another 6 months and I'll probably have forgotten enough of the 'suckitude' that was this race that I'd probably agree to it.

Once I'm able to get a hold of some of the pictures from my teammates, I'll do a play-by-play of the entire event. If you thought my post about last April's triathlon was long, just you wait! More to come later.

5 comments:

Rocketgirl said...

How awesome is it that you came in dead last though?! If you are going to suffer like that, at least the story should have one zinger of an ending! Congratulations for surviving!!!! I'm almost glad I don't have any friends where I live... I don't have anyone talking me into stuff like that:)

Miss Kendra said...

Oh man!! I am so proud of you! Even if you came in last you tried. You did your best, and that is more then most of us can say. I totally look up to you and the fact that you try and work so hard. Keep it up lady! You are an insparation to us all!!!

Merinda Reeder said...

Better to shoot for the moon and top out at a mountain than to aim for manure and hit it. From one who frequently misses her goal of 30 minutes on an elliptical machine, you are a rock star. Way to finish a hard core gut-busting race.

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

Your story of coming in dead last will be even better when you win that race some day. This all just confirms that you are NUTS!

Can't wait to see the play-by-play!

Emily said...

So yes...it was so sucky. I was glad that I got to suck with you and have a great time crying with you. Thanks for being the best bestie there is.

Maybe next time you will win the contest...I doubt it. I am full of hot air! :)