Friday, September 25, 2009

Randomness...

I've sucked at blogging lately. Mostly because nothing seems interesting enough to blog about! I end up boring myself when all I can think to say is about how busy things are right now... everyone's life is busy... get over it, Di! But I'll throw some random thoughts up here for some kicks and giggles.

1. I feel a tickle in my throat that I'm worried is going to turn into an ugly cold. I'm so not in the mood to get sick right now.

2. We've been making some gains with my speech technician working with me this year. We're now at the point where she's more comfortable going to our elementary schools on her own, so I've been able to work just 3 days per week the last 2 weeks. It's helped my sanity tremendously!

3. I haven't had a serious workout since the relay race weeks ago. Though it was fun and a crazy experience, I think it may have burned me out a little. I did go on a short little 8 mile bike ride with Paul tonight and I struggled. I think the three week workout hiatus, the sickness I feel coming on, the dehydration I've been feeling today, the tension headache from the pinched nerve in my neck, and the after-effects of donating blood yesterday were contributing to me feeling like HUD. But it was fun to be out there with Paul, even though he was riding as if on a pleasure cruise while I was huffin' and puffin' a bit!

4. Paul is going on a 100 mile bike ride tomorrow. What is wrong with us?! He's excited about it and my heiney just cringes at the thought of sitting on a bicycle seat for over 5 hours. Have fun, sweetie! Glad it's you and not me!

5. Soccer games finish up soon and I'm SOOOOOOO glad! My kids sure enjoy playing, but ugh... I don't love being a "soccer mom"!

6. I now have 3 TV shows that I am watching religiously: 1. Biggest Loser, 2. So You Think You Can Dance, and 3. GLEE!! I love that dang show... it's crackin me up! But like I've got time to sit & watch TV! No wonder I haven't finished a book in months!

7. Life is full, but good. I'm trying to be chill about how much is on my plate right now and just get things done without stressing about them too much. I've been amazed at how I've been feeling too much like a grown up lately. I blame the business/taxes stuff I've been learning about for this yucky feeling. Only grown ups have to deal with taxes on a monthly basis, right!?! How did I get here?!

So, there you have it. A Diana-flavored taste of randomness for your day. Hope you're doing well!

1 comment:

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

You are one busy lady! I am still trying to cope with all the fall craziness after the summer break, and having a real tough time getting back into the swing of things and being a real adult too. remember when we were kids how we said we couldn't wait to be adults because then we could do what ever we wanted. Well, being an adult hasn't quite cracked up to what we thought it would be. Adults don't get to do whatever they want. Adults have to pay taxes and take kids to soccer. Fun.