Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Am I ready?

I got 2 days until I leave to do this relay race down in Southern Utah. Somehow and for reasons unknown, the race organizers had to 'tweek' the legs of the race. Some were lengthened, some shortened. I got the good fortune of having my final leg lengthened from 3.9 miles to 5.5 miles. So instead of running 16.9 miles in a 24 hour period, I get to run 18.5! I get to run the farthest out of the 6 girls in our van. I just keep thinking, "How is it that I'm one of the good runners in our van?!? Because last time I checked, I'm not a good runner!"

I know I can run each leg. What I'm not sure of is if I can run each leg all in one short period of time. But ultimately, I guess it doesn't matter now, because there's no backing out! My friends would KILL me!! So even though I'm excited, I admit to being pretty nervous about the whole thing as well. Guess we'll know soon enough how it'll go!

3 comments:

Rocketgirl said...

Thanks for such sweet comments on my blog! I love that I found this and now I can stalk you :) Last fall I kept reading all these blogs of hott LDS ladies that run marathons and races and such and I got the insane idea that I could be one of those hott LDS ladies and I could run something? Except I REALLY like sitting on the couch. So I had my husband find me a3K in Atlanta - yeah - a 3K, and even that was too long for me ;) Well, my excuse was we had to go out of town when the race happened, but I would have made it 13 steps anyway. Good for yoU!

Loralee Choate said...

You never cease to amaze me, coz. Seriously...you should come whip my sorry arse into shape. I can barely walk to the mail box. :S

Brett and Tiffany said...

You can do it! You have accomplished amazing goals already...you can for sure do this one!