Monday, May 10, 2010

Best Mother's Day Gift Ever!

Yesterday was a wonderful Mother's Day for me and my family. I know it's fun to incite that awesome competition of how my mom is better than your mom, but I don't believe in doing that. I'm sure you have a lovely mother and I'm very happy for you! Instead, I would like to say that I am insanely blessed to be the daughter of Liz Anderson and the wife of the son of Rhyll Croshaw. I love both of these women beyond words. They add so much love and security to my life.

I also love mothers day because I'm very grateful for the chance I have in this life to be the mother of these three little cuties:

I love being a mother to these boys. They each present their challenges, but the joys far outweigh them. Each of them were extra sweet to me yesterday, including a stream of compliments from all of them at breakfast with Charlie looking at me and saying, "you're so cute, mommy." I just had to laugh. I say that to him all the time!

Anyway, I titled this post the best mothers day gift ever because of what we were able to accomplish with Charlie yesterday. I'm sure you care A LOT but guess how many times we had to change Charlie's underwear yesterday?!?! ZERO! Despite being at the Croshaw's all day yesterday (which includes a fair amount of parental neglect on my part... "go outside and play boys!") Charlie did all of his business in the potty multiple times. Looks like we may have gotten over that fear of pooping in the toilet. YAHOO!!! I'm feeling more and more confident that we've gotten through the worst of it! What a relief. And what a trip it is thinking that I may never have to purchase diapers again. Do you agree that this is a pretty impressive and expensive Mother's Day gift!? It makes the iTunes giftcards I got from Paul pale in comparison!

I hope you all had a great Mother's day honoring all the awesome women in our lives. I know I did.

5 comments:

***** said...

That is the BEST mother's day present! No more poop bums! What a thoughtful way to honor the wonderful mother Charlie has. He is sure a smarty. And you sure are a great mom and may I please thank your mom for being a bit of a wonderful mom to me for a few years there. Love you!

Cheryl said...

Congrats! That is a great present!

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

Happy, happy, joy, joy! It doesn't get much better than that!

Merinda Reeder said...

Now THAT is a gift.

Rocketgirl said...

I just read this finally! What an AWESOME present! THey are so super adorable, too :) An elder spoke in our ward on Mother's Day and said something I really dug "I have the greatest mother in the world, and I hope you all disagree!" That made me smile :)