Friday, May 21, 2010

Awww, Man!!

On Wednesday I missed a phone call from Andy's teacher at school. I didn't listen to the message until after I saw Paul's text message saying, "The sooner you can get home the better. I have to take Andy to the dentist as close to 3:30 as possible."

Oh Crap!!

So I then listened to the message from his teacher letting me know that Andy had a pretty significant chip in his front tooth from when a baton was tossed at him and hit him in the mouth. Paul was there to take care of the dentist appointment where the doc put some kind of sealant on the tooth to cover the nerve endings. I took care of picking up Canon and Charlie and hanging out until Paul and Andy got back. This is what Andy looks like now:


We've got an appointment for the dentist to fill in the space in a couple weeks. Thankfully it will only be a couple hundred dollars instead of what I was fearing the cost would be! Until then, we get to look at this funny triangle tooth!

3 comments:

Rocketgirl said...

AaaaaAAAAaaaaahhhhhh!!! Warn a girl before you show pictures of funny teeth!! That stuff just makes me freak out, if it were my kid I wouldn't be able to look them in the teeth for at least a month! Poor guy, that's just awful! Was it a baton for a field day relay race? Time of year for that I suppose- although this just fortified my decision to never do any physical activity :)

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

Oh man! I got a similar call from the school yesterday telling me to come pick up Dylan because when he was running laps in PE his elbow caught a bolt on the fence and tore a gash in his arm. He needed 7 stitches! What the heck? Can't they keep our kids safe at school? ;-)

Sorry, girl.

***** said...

He's so good looking, even with a chipped tooth. He looks cool and tough. Tell him to tell people it's a "sports injury".
I wish people could rate the importance of their messages. I rarely listen to mine right away either. Nice work mother of the year!