Monday, January 11, 2010

Bringing my work home with me.

Today when I got home, Paul told me a great story about Charlie that I had to document before it was lost forever in our memories.

As a speech therapist mommy, I've been encouraging Charlie to say some of his words better. He can almost always say the word correctly when I have him repeat me.

When Paul was getting him ready for the day, Charlie wanted his jacket, so Paul said, 'here's your jacket, Charlie.'

C: no, dad, it's jacket, say jacket.
P: jacket?
C: no, 'jacket'.
P: jacket.
C: good job, dadda

Funny what kids pick up from their parents!

2 comments:

Emily said...

LOL. That is so funny. Kids are hillarious.

Lacey said...

I love it...I think it comes with the territory. We have similar conversations A LOT. What is increasing more funny/embarrassing is when you hear your children correcting thier friends in the same manner.