Monday, June 7, 2010

Canon turns 7!

Canon had a birthday, Canon had a birthday, One year older than he was before!!

Because I'm not a super-mom like other people I know, I've decided to do what my mom did when we were little, and let us have a friend birthday party on our even number years. Since Canon turned 7 this year, it was a family celebration day and Canon got to decide what we would get to do.

We started off the day with a few presents and then a family bike ride to a nice park 2 miles away from our house. Luckily it wasn't too hot at that point. Here's a picture of Canon opening his gifts and the boys and me enjoying the shade at the park.




Canon really wanted to go swimming that afternoon, but we were unable to set that up in advance, so we'll have to do that another day. He then decided that he wanted to go to Pirate Island for dinner. We took the plunge and decided to check it out. Basically, Pirate Island is a glorified Chuck-E-Cheese, but for bigger kids. Charlie still managed to have a good time, but the environment and arcade games were really geared toward slightly bigger kids (which means that Paul had a great time!!).


We ended the evening with a dollar movie. We went and saw Alice in Wonderland and I LOVED it! Paul had to miss the ending because there's no guarantees when Charlie is involved.


Canon wanted to sleep outside in the tent, but it was really windy, cloudy and threatening rain. Bummer, another activity we'll have to do on a different day. But overall, I think Canon had a great birthday.

4 comments:

***** said...

WOW! I wish I was in your family! What a fun birthday!

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

We only throw parties with friends every other year too - odd years. Unfortunately, that means I have to throw all the parties in the same year, then get a whole year off. But it is a nice tradition to just have family time too. Sounds like Canon got the royal treat ment!

andrea said...

what a fun birthday!! :)

Laurie said...

Diana, I'm glad you posted on my blog because I had lost yours and have been thinking of you. It's fun to see your cute family again! I love the family pictures by the red rocks, so gorgeous! Hope all is well!