Saturday, November 7, 2009

Regrets

I was supposed to participate in another sprint triathlon today. Not because somebody told me I had to, but because 6 months ago when I did my first Telos Spring Triathlon, I decided I wanted to do it again in November to compare my times. But sadly, a couple weeks ago when I was feeling overwhelmed with stuff, I decided I was too busy to get ready for it. I was also convinced it would be too cold and yucky.

NOPE.

The weather today was beautiful. I'm sitting here at noon still in my pajamas irritated with myself that I missed out on something I wanted to accomplish again before the year was through. I'm annoyed that my desire to workout died away after that red rock relay race and that I have not maintained my fitness level to be able to do this triathlon in style. I realized last night that I COULD have started and finished the race, but it would have been with awful results.

So, I do regret that I didn't follow through with what I had originally set out to do. I don't intend to sink into a dark pit about it or anything, but I DO intend to get my butt in gear and get started again on a consistent routine so I CAN be ready for the race again next April. I do NOT want to feel this way again!

3 comments:

Emily said...

I am sorry you missed out. I feel the same way...the RRR really killed me for awhile. Let's kick our rears in gear together...I miss working out with you.

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

Good for you. There are always these ups and downs. I am in a down place in my training myself. It's easier for me to tell you to get out there and move than to actually get out and do it myself.

Rocketgirl said...

I know the feeling of missing out on something I really should have done. Grrr. But have never had the desire to run... well, FROM stuff yes, but not TO anything :)